LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.70 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Can somebody check wake-up from standby with this drivers. On my hp8710w with FW 180.48 or 180.70, machine doesnt want to wake-up from standby.

Same problem here on Dell Vostro 1700 w/ 8600M GT. Seems like a bug in 180.xx series.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• wook

• anuclearbomb

• Mushu

Same problem here on Dell Vostro 1700 w/ 8600M GT. Seems like a bug in 180.xx series.

My Dell 1420 with 8400M gs can wake up on 180.42 driver.

Guest Stettin
My Dell 1420 with 8400M gs can wake up on 180.42 driver.

My HP DV6500 with 8400M can't wake up (180.44), I'm trying this newer one to see if it will work, if not I'll try 180.42 or revert to 17X. I also noticed that my megamap in World in Conflict has massive garbage on it since the 180.44 driver.

Guest Stettin
My HP DV6500 with 8400M can't wake up (180.44), I'm trying this newer one to see if it will work, if not I'll try 180.42 or revert to 17X. I also noticed that my megamap in World in Conflict has massive garbage on it since the 180.44 driver.

I can verify that 180.70 fixed the standby issue for me

Bad Drivers for Toshiba Satellite X205-Sli3. First of all, it created artifacts on desktop when playing HD content (720p mkv files) to the point of lacking any kind of visibility on the whole desktop area. Wouldn't properly wake up from sleep. The screen was black when awaken and sound was affected as well. The sound card would pop often during playback of music or video which was annoying. I usually have little to no problems running drivers from this site however these exhibited weird behaviour when tested. Note that I didn't overclock graphics in anyway.

Are you using firefox by chance?

Guest Christoph

wasn't the 18x series supposed to support multiple Displays even with SLI enabled? worked for me with 180.4x, but not with this driver anymore. As soon SLI is enabled, the option "setup multiple displays" disappears from the nvidia control panel.

not working in standard gfx options panel as well

other than that nice performance w/ this driver

my setup:

dell m1730

8800gtx sli

win xp

Can anyone tell me what version of forcewere is best for 8600M GT,512 MB DDR2???

hi all

I installed the driver and as soon as it is (looks like) calibrating my screen, you know screen does a little bit weird goes bigger and smaller then it just goes of. I am now in safe mode downloading a other version so I hope my laptop will work soon again. It was installed before the new driver but i had a error which was that my computer screen and everything freezes in weird colours and then I get the windows blue screen ( I HATE TO SEE IT :) ) and then my computer starts up again!

so I installed a earlyer version.

sorry for my bad english people!

I hope somebody can help me! :)

Cya all!

Did you uninstall your previous drivers properly? Lack of proper uninstallation can cause problems like this.

Asus M50VM series here. Everything works fine except resuming from standby *if* put to standby while running on battery. If put to standby while running on electric power everything is fine. The error I am getting is the infamous nvidia driver infinite loop.

Yes, otherwise conflicts can arise.

Sorry for offtopic posting, but:

GeForce Driver 180.84 for Grand Theft Auto IV

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html

hey @ all, does somebody know, whether this one is the appropriate for my laptop's geforce go 7600? if yes, where do I find the right modded inf? i'm really desperate, because everybody tells me how cool that game is but on my laptop it runs without showing any textures!!! sad gaming experience!!! many thanks in advance!!!

Hello everyone!

I´m having a problem with this driver. I own an dell xps m1330 and when I installed this driver mi ventilator started going crazy turning itself on and off very very frequently... This is very annoying!! I have the same problem with 179.13 and 180.48 all for vista 32-bit... Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Many thanks!!

I have downloaded and installed these on my Dell Inspiron E1705 with the 256mb 7900GS and I'm very pleased with the results. I play WoW and in the new zone I was getting choppy performance with 174.31 drivers when there were a lot of spell effects on the screen.

Now with the 180.70 drivers when there are a lot of spell effects on the screen although my framerates do drop the game does not become unbearably choppy and I generally get on average about 7-10 fps more at the same seetings in WoW.

I don't have my computer go to sleep mode often but I put it in sleep mode and took it out of sleep mode once to check and there wasn't a problem.

When I upgraded the drivers I followed the guide at this link. It might help others.

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread204406.html

imho these drivers rock. :)