• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nightwolf314

• GaryHook

• Andrew55

Guest Vitalijs A

Hello people, I have one issue, It does not allow me to instal drivers it say's I do not have the hardware nesecery, what should I do????

However i have a nvidia geforce 8600m GT

Spec: Dell Inspirion 1520

CPU: 2.2Ghz t7500

Gpu: GE force 8600m GT

Hdd: 160 GB 7200rpm

Ram: 4 gb

Thank You in advance!

drivers are kind of meh..

Has anybody else noticed the periodic lagging?? It happens to me in multiple games. I'm up at 40-45 fps and then the game drops to like 10 or something and 5 seconds later goes up to the standard...?!?!

And there's some sort of strange "Internet-Explorer-Scrolling-Bug"

Come on nvidia!!

I've the sleep problem too xD

AND ANOTHER NEW CRITICAL PROBLEM:

8wvz3q.jpg

the symptoms be like with me :)

For me it's the best performance driver so far. Sometimes Left 4 Dead freezes (very rarely), but i think it also happened with 180.40 and a couple more.

Works great with Dead Space and Fall Out 3.

Edited by David Romero

Guest Molder2k

HI, I have a Dell XPS M1730 8700M SLI with these drivers and I have a big problem:

With AC Adapter connected vista starts without problems

Without AC connected, only with battery, vista boot and loads but I at start time a have BLACK SCREEN... vista seems to be loaded but always black screen:(

I have found a youtube video of a guy with the same problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrhFAHXPP8

thanks to all.

Marco

Yesterday my laptop shutdown yesterday because it reached the temperature cutoff using these drivers. That's never happened to me before, even with 179.14. I don't overclock and I was only browsing the web at the time, so if you have fear of heat don't use these drivers.

How can we contact Nvidia to at least let them know this driver can cause overheating problems?

There is no 'contact us' page on their website, no apparent way to write them, any clues?

i think they realized the problem and trying to figure it out with another beta driver...and i dont think that there is a way to warn them or let them know about the overheating problem...

I've the sleep problem too xD

AND ANOTHER NEW CRITICAL PROBLEM:

8wvz3q.jpg

I've got the same issue, so it's not only you. I've also got a couple of BSODS with this release, and my nvidia control panel is gone.

So I've going to return to 180.48, and wait for new official drivers :)

I got this weird Problem. Everytime i put my Sony Vaio FZ21J into Stand by Mode, it won't wake up correctly. I mean everything seems to work, like my Harddisk Fan ect. except the Screen. It stays black. To get back to Vista i got to do a Hard Restart.

Any ideas on this one?

Guest Molder2k
I got this weird Problem. Everytime i put my Sony Vaio FZ21J into Stand by Mode, it won't wake up correctly. I mean everything seems to work, like my Harddisk Fan ect. except the Screen. It stays black. To get back to Vista i got to do a Hard Restart.

Any ideas on this one?

I have read someone solved with 179.13 drivers for M1730 Dell... but... 179.13 is really old! :) :) :P :P(

I'd like to uninstall this driver, but i'm not sure how to do it. I tried to simply install default driver from HP's website, and there was no error, but it did not changed anything and i still have this modded driver. I tried also do install it from the device manager, but the result was the same. Maybe I should uninstall this driver at first and then install default driver?

Please help me :)

I have read someone solved with 179.13 drivers for M1730 Dell... but... 179.13 is really old! :) :) :P :P(

179.13 isn't old by any standards. If the driver works, then by all means use it. You wont be missing much (or anything for that matter). The 180.xx series has not exactly been top class in terms of driver performance.

Guest Molder2k

Yesterday I solved the problem!!!! My old installed driver was 180.48 and not 180.70. I have removed all drivers, removed all nvidia control panel etc.

Installed the 180.70 driver with modded .inf, restarted laptop. Shutdown system, detached AC Adapter, started the system and all is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!! :)

Of course I had to re-overclock the GPU (now is to 925mhz, 1450, 901mhz ram) and 3dmark06 is aroung 9036.. (i have a 2.4ghz cpu and 8700sli).

The only problem is that now if a right click mouse on desktop I haven't the Nvidia control panel option, I have to go alway in the start menu...

i have an MSI GX 700 Performance notebook with Nvidia 8600M GT and this is one of the best drivers i had for it

i think best drivers for 8600m GT with an intel CPU are

1. 180.70

2. 179.13

i tried every single driver from here and this two drivers almost never crashes( 1 time every 3 days!)

Hi,

i saw the geforce 9650m gs is on the list of supported graphic cards.

would this driver work well on it? does anyone have the same card as i am?

this will be my first time to try to update my forceware so hopefully all goes well.

i already read through the quickstart guide and i think it can be done even for a beginner like me.

any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

has anybody tried Grand theft auto IV on their systems? If any1 does, please list the performance / specs . Thanks

i'm thinking of buying it, I think i should be able to max is out, but i've herd it has poor optimization

Publishers Recommended System (3d mark online)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 /

AMD Phenom X3 7600

Comparing your CPU Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (running @3206MHz) with the requirement Intel Core 2 Quad (running @2400MHz)

• Your processor is significantly more powerful in raw performance

Display Card!: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 512MB /

ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB

Comparing your display card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 with the requirement NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

• Your display card is significantly more powerful in raw performance

• Your display card has all the required features

Memory: 2048MB

You have 2048MB

Free Disk Space: 16GB

You have 1280.7GB

Operating System: Windows Vista SP1 / Windows XP SP3

You have Microsoft Windows Vista

Edited by GaryHook