LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unable to Find Stable Drivers!

Guest Drakken

Guest Drakken

For the past week Ive been trying out tons of drivers found here for my GeForce Go 7900 GTX on XP 32bit (Clevo/Mtech laptop) but I have not been able to find any stable drivers. They either lock up my system when I try to play any game, lock up randomly soon after booting up, or lock up when I try to watch video files. Is there any easier way to find a stable driver out there for my laptop other than trying out tons of drivers, I hate uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting hundreds of times >< I remember having a great video card driver a while ago before I made the STUPID mistake of wanting to update it to a newer version....I dont remember which one it was, I could swear it was in the 154s but I cant seem to find those anywhere so I must have lost my mind, all I know is that I installed it in the first quarter of 2007.

If you want fast and stable drivers, try out the 178-179's. As far as I know they're good for both performance and stability. You could also look for some that are WHQL'd or whatever, digitally signed by nvidia.

Or at last, you could try out the 169.04 drivers. They're proven to be extremely stable, but they're a bit old.....

Just finished trying out the 178's and 169.04 drivers, still having problems. 169.04 worked up until I tried to exit out of the games, then it locked up my laptop. I was able to force the application to close but I locked up again when I got back to the desktop. I dont mind using old drivers as long as they work

try 179.13 , they are best . very stable and have the best performance for my sys ...

Thx , Pistino01