LaptopVideo2Go Forums

32bit or 64bit Vista for gaming?

Squall_Rinoa89

Well i'm curious now. I have the ability to install 64bit Vista or 32bit vista which would be better to use with 4.0GB DDR3 ram and gaming? I installed 32bit but i can go back and install 64bit.

Would it be a hinder to use 64bit vista or a helper to use 64bit or should i just stick to using 32bit?

You should go 64bit, but XP64 is much much better.

yeah vista 64 totally. even though vista 32 SP1 says it supports 4gb of ram, and it says you have 4gb, it still doesnt think you do. I have done a lot of testing and it still only realy thinks i have 3gb. Every game i have had says the same.

Sooo basically go with x64

yeah vista 64 totally. even though vista 32 SP1 says it supports 4gb of ram, and it says you have 4gb, it still doesnt think you do. I have done a lot of testing and it still only realy thinks i have 3gb. Every game i have had says the same.

Sooo basically go with x64

Any game problems using x64 vista?

I see reports here all the time of people having gaming issues, that don't happen in XP.

i dunno why, i had a bad experience with x64. there wasnt any crashing, but games were actually SLOWER. yea no kidding, i have no clue why either... thats why i went back to x32 for now...

64bit systems do not use multi-threating with 64bit software like they do with 32bit software. That's one factor as to why it's a bit slower.

64bit systems do not use multi-threating with 64bit software like they do with 32bit software. That's one factor as to why it's a bit slower.

hmm i see... so why do some people swear by x64 and say its faster, and for me i had a bad experience with it? it seems like im the only one that had a bad experience with x64... lol

Can you explain what you mean by this please? Thanks, as I don't believe that is true.

Vista x64 benchmarked with games vs Vista x32 often out performs it, but not by much, and XP is still best for non DX10.

Vista x64 is the best all rounder for new machines with more than 3gb RAM imho, unless you live for the latest first person shooters and nothing else. XP64 is never going to get proper driver support, so Vista is the real beginning of the 64 bit future for home users and gamers.