LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Shutting down, but no overheat?

Guest Lycaon

At the moment I have an Asus X55SV with a T8300, 4gb Ram and a 9500M GS all on Vista (32bit) with 179.14.

I can overclock to 600/475 just fine and everything will run great for a number of hours. However, at some random time interval the whole system will just shut itself down.

I thought it was a temp issue, but both nvmonitor and GPU-Z report temps to be a standard < 80 degrees the second before shutting down.

Whats even weirder is it seems to be memory related. Running at 600/400 (stock memory) I usually get a lot more running time, although it will still happen.

Because the temps are fine, I'm thinking it's a driver issue, however upon restart, if I start gaming again it will tend to shutdown quicker than before.

Later I plan to upgrade to 180.70/'Nvidia System Tools' (Instead of nTune) at which point I'll do some stress testing and post again.

Before that, does anyone have any clue what might be happening?