LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Game Freezing In My Laptop

Saman3230

I Have Laptop With the following Spicifiactions :

CPU : 2.20 Core 2 Duo t7500

RAM : 2GB 667

Hard : 160 GB

V.G.A : Geforce 8600M GT

Sometimes when I'm playing some video games on my laptop,the game freezez for a few seconds. After that, the game starts running very poorly and slowly,. Then, when I restart laptop, the game starts runnig normally.

Please let me know more about my problem as soon as possible.

sounds like driver crashing issues... whats the temps on your card while gaming, and do you overclock? maybe your overclocking a little too much...

yeah like CC said. you probably get a little bubble pop up and say your driver has stopped responding. (if you alt tab back to desktop)

You are overclocking too high or different driver will fix it

Could just be an automated virus scan starting. Check what your AV is set to do and when.

wow, geez you guys, please, it is the 8600 defective problem, I been fighting over this problem twice, have problem with one, broke the bios, bought a new one, also has downclocking, BUT luckly, the seller happly replaced it with a 3650 for me.

come on morris. surely you dont think every single problem that happens with the 8600 is the defective issue. both coolcop and myself have direct experience with the 8600 and its so called problems.

Could be any number of things. Index service, system restore....

sounds like driver crashing issues... whats the temps on your card while gaming, and do you overclock? maybe your overclocking a little too much...

Is This Temp Problem ?

How to fix it ?

Are you overclocking, though? If not, this does look like a driver problem, try 178.26. But just to be sure, please post your gaming and idle temps.