LaptopVideo2Go Forums

COD4 again (on modern hardware)

Guest dresdenteddy

Guest dresdenteddy

Hi,

I am play COD4 on my m860tu (2.4GHz, 9800M GTS, 2GB, 9150 3dmarks @ 1280x1024).

Problem: When I max out everything, I often end up in less than 30 FPS in open areas which renders the game very choppy. Setting AA off helps a little but still.

So I wonder if there are some older drivers that can render this (old) game faster. I am currently running driver 178.24.

Or is this the best I can get? Thought COD4 would run better on my hardware..

Thanks in advance

Try out 180.48. Your system is obviously better than mine, but I can run it fluently at max settings, 1280x768, not counting AA since I have that off. Sure, it lags when I push it to the limits(open fields with lots of shadows/fogs etc.), but you should be able to do fine.

Guest deddytresden
Try out 180.48. Your system is obviously better than mine, but I can run it fluently at max settings, 1280x768, not counting AA since I have that off. Sure, it lags when I push it to the limits(open fields with lots of shadows/fogs etc.), but you should be able to do fine.

Thanks. I will give it a try. The 180.44 I tried already but it gave me another drop of ~7 FPS.

• 3 weeks later...