LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No drivers work?

steveninspokane

These are the drivers I have used:

All of them are freezing up on me, I am running vista business 64, Some of these drivers let me run 3d06, and maybe even last a few hours before freezing up. Some just freeze up right away. Once they do freeze up, I can't even boot back into windows, it freezes at log in screen, than I have to reboot in safemode and delete the drivers.

In between each install I run driver cleaner. I am wondering if perhaps it is another problem, all these drivers can't be bad.

Specs:

Alienware m15x

2.6ghz

4 gigs kingstone hyperx

Nvidia 9800m GT

If someone knows a driver that works with my card, that would help, until than i'll keep searching. and yes I am using the modded INF files.

179.13 are made by alienware try that. or

179.14 made by asus. all supporting your GPU without modifying the inf.

Guest Szilard

Hi guys!

I also have "nvlddmkm" problem, I think you now what I m talking about. My question is: Is it possible the nvlddmkm problem aused by the different Video BIOS?

I have 8600M GT video cards in SLI /Toshiba X205-SLI1/

The VBIOS version on the first card is 60.84.5E.00.29 and on the other card is 60.84.5E.00.15

Thank You

no because you have SLi you will need different BIOS so each card knows what is the primary and secondary card.

If you are overclocking that is the reason for the error. if not then try a new driver

ok you didnt specify what operating system you had.

ok.. take a look here and see which of these drivers you have not tried yet. dont use 180 series as they are utter rubbish.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....5&hl=8700gt

178.26? thats as stable as a rock. so if that doesnt work then there is something else wrong.

no because you have SLi you will need different BIOS so each card knows what is the primary and secondary card.

If you are overclocking that is the reason for the error. if not then try a new driver

ok you didnt specify what operating system you had.

ok.. take a look here and see which of these drivers you have not tried yet. dont use 180 series as they are utter rubbish.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....5&hl=8700gt

178.26? thats as stable as a rock. so if that doesnt work then there is something else wrong.

Well, I tried 178.26, they were doing pretty good, but than back to crashing.

are you overclocking the cards at all?

and whens the last time you reinstalled the computer?

I had a simlar issue when i had a 9800 gt when sometimes it would just randomly crash on start up sometimes, try disabling all start up programs via msconfig and see how that woks out,

that worked for me

go to a run prompt and type 'msconfig' disable the nvidia startup files. (except the one that says vista driver etc) that may work