LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio 305-706 graphics problem

Guest derkaren

looks right to me, leave it active and tell me if they stay there or drop down. also if it is a source game i hear the last few 185.xx drivers have issues with them...

Guest SanekN

saturday i'll give my laptop to technical support. They will fix that problem i hope... =/

I tryed to formate all harddrives and reinstall vista x64 and it has a 176 stock drivers slow like ___ ! 3dmark06 8800 score... =( Oblivion give me now a BSOD 0x124.

I'm sure now its a hardwware problem... =/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SanekN
saturday i'll give my laptop to technical support. They will fix that problem i hope... =/

I tryed to formate all harddrives and reinstall vista x64 and it has a 176 stock drivers slow like ___ ! 3dmark06 8800 score... =( Oblivion give me now a BSOD 0x124.

I'm sure now its a hardwware problem... =/

Hi! I repaired my laptop, they replayced the old GPU with the same new and it works amazingly with all the drivers, not BSODS, not problems! =)

• 3 months later...

have you tried the application called 'driver sweeper'

boot to safe mode, and run this application. this will clean all nvidia *.dll files out of your system. then you should be able to install your driver of choice.

• 2 months later...
Guest Richard

I have been fighting this all night and am very frustrated...i have a toshiba qosmio x305-706 with dual nvidia 9800m gts and the SLI crap. I wiped my drive while upgrading vista home to vista ultimate 32bit--bad move. Stupid- thought i had the recovery dvd but didnt. Called toshiba and there are no drivers for download---amazingly. I have tried installing the different drivers found here, followed the instructions, etc. Everytime i reboot the nvidia drivers fail and i am back to "standard vga device." The error is almost always "ERROR CODE 31-device cannot start" or "Windows found a driver for this device but an error occured while installing". The device manager also shows errors on the 3d video controller and ethernet controller. I ran the techpowerupGPU and it thinks its running the ForceWare 179.14 driver-but Windows says different...ithe cards are definitely not working/recognizecd..0 memory, etc. BIOS version listed is 62.94.50.00.16. I don't have much experience with laptops and any help at all would be greatly appreciated!.....