LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.70

Dox

Is the Powermizer Switch just for Vista? what about XP? :P

I want to try this driver tonight...ohyea, if Im going to install this driver, all I have to do is double click the .exe files right? Im just a noobie... :)

thank u Dox...u awesome!

XP doesnt need it since you can turn powermizer on or off using the nvidia control panel.

Vista does not have this feature in place so I included powermizer switch

thx Dox, its awsome driver for me, higher min fps and omg what a score in 3d mark 06.

with my samsung r560 (p8400, 9600gt, 4gb ddr3, and unfortunetly vista 32 bit 3gigs o ram in use :c ) i got:

- with native resolution 1280x800 - 5730 3DMarks

- with 1024x768 resolution - 6345 3DMarks

thats totally awsome. im gonna try to oc a bit with this driver later. gonna let u know how it works :)

thx again

my pleasure. Hope it works well for ya

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Galdere

• Shakey_Jake33

• Areez Oke

one more question DOX... :)

if I want to install PhysX, I just need to download it, and install it after I installed ur driver right? :P Is nVidia PhysX important? why PhysX doesnt included in your modded driver?

thanx! :)

yes install physX after driver installation.

PhysX not included in my drivers to save on file size and download times for you guys :)

PhysX is only important if you have physX compatible games.

Just google around to find which games are compatible.

there is no game that I played that are compatible with PhysX....so? I will use ur driver right away...hopefully, this driver works fine!

Thanks! :) :)

Best driver !

No scroll lagging, cuz it's for mobility too (see the original inf) :)

and it seems the Dox release is better !

3DMark 06: 3319 @ 1280x1024

no worries P.J :)

XP users that posted nvmctray error/ 3d mark error.

I have tested and re-tested and do not/ cannot recreate the error.

So I wont provide a "Fix" for it, seeing as there isn't anything to fix.

I recommend you use driver cleaner to FULLY clean uninstall the driver and try again.

or simply use another driver.

I'm using XP and your driver installed flawlessly and its running great. Quite possibly the best drivers I've tried this year.

Nice job!

- Yeah it seems its only a few who have that odd error, so doesn't seem to be your drivers at fault.

- Personally I uninstalled in add/remove. Ran driver sweeper. Restart into safe mode, ran driver sweeper again. Then ran CCleaner registry cleaner. Works perfect for me.

Edited by Ziddy

Guest El Gign
no worries P.J :)

XP users that posted nvmctray error/ 3d mark error.

I have tested and re-tested and do not/ cannot recreate the error.

So I wont provide a "Fix" for it, seeing as there isn't anything to fix.

I recommend you use driver cleaner to FULLY clean uninstall the driver and try again.

or simply use another driver.

Dox, how about the Time Shift Games issues, can you fix it?

Guest marchewa

hmmmm.. i got a problem.... wierd one. i came back home... turning on my notebook and... teh backlight its not on its full brigtness... hmmm i reboot my r560 and saw that in bios the backlight power is full, but when vista loads it comes to the lowest degree :c and everything whats should be white is gary now ... i already tried to turn off/on backlight change it in option, also triend in safe mode... nothing helped... now im gonna try to change drivers, maby thats the problem...

and i installed them just like u told, unistalled last ones, cleaned with driver swepeer and than installed the new ones.

any1 know why it could happen like this?

my card is 9600m gt and it worked fine(hp dv5-1135ee) but it scored 60 fps less than the 178.08 driver

nice work dox keep it coming

help please dox

i have the same specs as Guest_marchewa_* (p8400, 9600gt, 3gb ddr2-vista 32-hp dv5-1135ee) and i get 5055 in 3dmark 2006 - with 1024x768 resolution while he gets 6345 .

only difference is that i got ddr2 and he got ddr3

can the ram make an 1200 point difference

Of course - if ran at different speed.

Just downloaded and installed this driver! No waking up problem or nvmctray error!

You have done a very nice job DOX!

@Areez

Call Of Duty 4 seems to work better with DOX 180.44 compared to the 180.48 the same goes for Bioshock

I play alot of games and have been reinstalling and testing DOX 180.70 and DOX 180.44 but the stuttering in COD4 remains with 180.70

May i know if others are experiencing similar problems? thank you

I don't get any nvmctray errors. :)

The only thing i regret with this release is not fixing the control panel crash when you add [game].exe to the profles in XP.

Will attempt to fix it next release if nvidia doesnt do it.

I don't get any nvmctray errors. :)

yah, good to hear.

It was impossible to get that eeror message since I removed such things :)

Apparently the nvtray error only appears if the program is not running at native resolution.

I have done all things to install, driverwipe etc...

Well that is the problem for me, other than that it is one amazing driver.

i fixed that backlight error. just removed everything connected to nvidia, u know ntune and etc, reinstalled all drivers and installed 180.70 original. and it was ok. and tried again to instal 180.70 dox's but:

1 - ive uninstalled nvidia drivers by uninstall in add/remove

2 - i cleared win with drive swepeer

3 - i tried to run setup but...

drivers unpecked, setup started and it doesnt install at all. jus in a few seconds i see ''instalation finished'' but no driver was installed, and same all the time...

Dox can u help me? what do i do wrong?

Having a slightly annoying problem...I'm using an external montior. I change the settings to use it as my primary monitor but every time I restart it just reverts back to my laptop display.

Apparently the nvtray error only appears if the program is not running at native resolution.

I have done all things to install, driverwipe etc...

Well that is the problem for me, other than that it is one amazing driver.

the thing is I have tried without native resolution and dont get the error.

I'll be sure to include nvmctray in future.

My other drivers have this removed as well.

can you give me your system details please, as it may effect only certain cards etc.

i fixed that backlight error. just removed everything connected to nvidia, u know ntune and etc, reinstalled all drivers and installed 180.70 original. and it was ok. and tried again to instal 180.70 dox's but:

1 - ive uninstalled nvidia drivers by uninstall in add/remove

2 - i cleared win with drive swepeer

3 - i tried to run setup but...

drivers unpecked, setup started and it doesnt install at all. jus in a few seconds i see ''instalation finished'' but no driver was installed, and same all the time...

Dox can u help me? what do i do wrong?

if it installed before it shold install first time round:)

make sure you run the installer in admin mode.

the thing is I have tried without native resolution and dont get the error.

I'll be sure to include nvmctray in future.

My other drivers have this removed as well.

can you give me your system details please, as it may effect only certain cards etc.

I just tried it again, and still get the error. It may be some kind of leftover registry setting, I've no idea. I'm using an 8400 GS if that helps.

If it matters, I'm using XP 64-bit.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

Hey Dox,

Past week or so I've been having big problems finding a video driver that will work for me. I own a Sager NP5796 with a 9800M GTX card and so far only the official sager releases or your customized Clevo release of 178.13 works. Especially with the 180.xx series, whenever I unplug or plug in my computer after the OS has booted up, the system stalls and the screen stops responding. It's almost as if the machine doesn't know what to do when it changes power sources. I am forced to hard reboot. It doesn't happen in safe mode, but it does even when I disable all startup software processes in normal mode.

What's the big difference with your clevo release (which works for me) and your 180.44 and this 180.77?!?

Thanks for all the effort you put into these. I really appreciate it!

I just tried it again, and still get the error. It may be some kind of leftover registry setting, I've no idea. I'm using an 8400 GS if that helps.

If it matters, I'm using XP 64-bit.

ok to be sure its an left over reg settings.

download and install my 178.24 (with the default inf) and see if you get that error

Hey Dox,

Past week or so I've been having big problems finding a video driver that will work for me. I own a Sager NP5796 with a 9800M GTX card and so far only the official sager releases or your customized Clevo release of 178.13 works. Especially with the 180.xx series, whenever I unplug or plug in my computer after the OS has booted up, the system stalls and the screen stops responding. It's almost as if the machine doesn't know what to do when it changes power sources. I am forced to hard reboot. It doesn't happen in safe mode, but it does even when I disable all startup software processes in normal mode.

What's the big difference with your clevo release (which works for me) and your 180.44 and this 180.77?!?

Thanks for all the effort you put into these. I really appreciate it!

clevo specific settings were included, these custom forceware series does not.