LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.70

Dox

ok to be sure its an left over reg settings.

download and install my 178.24 (with the default inf) and see if you get that error

Just tried 178.24, works absolutely flawlessly! No error!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Galdere

• Shakey_Jake33

• Areez Oke

weird that has the nvmctray removed as well :S

I think its to do with this driver.

If you like my 180.70: would you like a "hotfix" version with that nvmvtray?

That would be nice yes :) I could yet you know if re-adding nvmvtray fixes the error too.

this is posted on the first post

[update 3]

Seems like the nvmctray error only effects some users and possibly just xp64

I've also got a XP 32 out just incase :)

If you get issues with nvmctray i.e error message when not gaming in default resolution this version.

I've release a "hotfix" version which adds nvmctray as well as some very very minor changes to the optimsations (3d perf will be same)

XP_180.70.1

XP64_180.70.1

Dox, how about the Time Shift Games issues, can you fix it?

I've problem with Time Shift too, i can not start that game in my XP Pro SP3 32,

do you get this error in the normal 180.70?

XP_180.70.1

XP64_180.70.1

No, in the normal 180.70, the Time Shift games is playable, but in your 180.70 ; 180.40 ; 180.43 ; 180.44 Time Shift can not start to play after clicking the Time Shift aplication

Guest El Gign

Yes, @ Meruyantoro is right, All in Dox 180.xx Time Shift can't be started, so i;m still use original 180.70

I use Win XP Pro SP2 32 and 8600M GT,

Can you fix it, please :) :)

trully i like dox driver, because of the image is sharper and less stuttering in some games than normal or original driver

8400M GS, Windows XP here.

Uninstalled old drivers, installed these. Drivers worked nice, but when starting a game I got the nvmctray.dll error. I just used the nvmctray.dll from my old drivers and everything worked.

Still got the waking up problem which I couldn't resolve so I reverted back to the 178.24, which is working perfectly.

Cheers,

moon

you realise that there is a "hot fix" version out thats linked at the top of the first post with nvmctray enabled? :)

as for timeshift, its gonna be a difficult one.

Whats the error message you get?

Its not productive to say it "doesnt work".

Need more details etc :) like OS, gpu and error message etc.

I dont have this games so feeback required.

Hotfixed version works lovely here. Thanks for that! :)

you realise that there is a "hot fix" version out thats linked at the top of the first post with nvmctray enabled? :)

Interesting though, I wonder if this happens for every game or just some. I haven't got any nvmctray errors yet. Also Dox, have you've ever used Windows Vista 64-bit instead of 32-bit?

Edited by Shaythong

Guest El Gign

as for timeshift, its gonna be a difficult one.

Whats the error message you get?

Its not productive to say it "doesnt work".

Need more details etc :) like OS, gpu and error message etc.

I dont have this games so feeback required.

There are no errors masagge appeared, but just the aplication can not start after double clicking timeshift aplication, i've already reinstalled timeshift, but still can not started, but after roll back to normal 180.70 it's start normally, all in your 180.xx have a same problems.

I have Geforce 8600M GT and Win XP Pro SP2-32

Interesting though, I wonder if this happens for every game or just some. I haven't got any nvmctray errors yet. Also Dox, have you've ever used Windows Vista 64-bit instead of 32-bit?

I dont know why some users get that error, its baffling me.

just provide a fix incase more people get it.

No I havent used x64

There are no errors masagge appeared, but just the aplication can not start after double clicking timeshift aplication, i've already reinstalled timeshift, but still can not started, but after roll back to normal 180.70 it's start normally, all in your 180.xx have a same problems.

I have Geforce 8600M GT and Win XP Pro SP2-32

k. will see what i can do :)

Guest Sad Guest

First of all, thx Dox for the awesome driver :)

But ... using the 180.77 gave me a nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

This didnt seem to happen on every game. Ran 3dmark06 and dynasty warrior 6 without problem.

But it occurred at the start of gears of war, where bunch of wretches were crawling above marcus's jail.

Also ... going to the Nvidia control panel from the desktop crashed my laptop as well, but it only happened on the first time, after that it seemed fine .. (weird ...)

Im running vista x86 (32bit) with 8600m gt ddr3 GPU

since i got your drivers (switched from std 180.70) i get gfx errors after playing a while and the laptop crashes, using xp 32bit and a 8600M

any chance its overheating?

greetings, and thanks for the work!

Probably not, cause this driver in fact has lower heating issues than other drivers I tried. And I know somewhere in this thread someone else noticed heat reduction also. Sounds like a hardware issue, where you have been playing games at high temps for too long and its starting to show. I would contact your manufacturer.

Works great on my 8600m gt! The coolest thing is that`s the first driver without graphic bugs during rain in Clear Sky, BTW +3-5 FPS in this game! Thanx, man! :)

Having a slightly annoying problem...I'm using an external montior. I change the settings to use it as my primary monitor but every time I restart it just reverts back to my laptop display.
Same problem here:

When SLI is enabled I can't use the external monitor at all (dual or single display). Which is a shame, because it's a 24" and I want to play games on that rather than the internal 17". :)

I think this may be a 180.x.official issue though :)

Edited by deer

Surprise - PowerMizer seems to work as intended with this driver.

Hi Dox, stiil unable to resume from sleep with this driver. notebook will restart everytime i try. happens with all 180.xx though.

This driver can't seems to run GTA san Andreas

even the customized 180.44

the game just won't start.. but other games seems to work fine??

Dox

So, there is one more again that can't started, after time shift problem.