LaptopVideo2Go Forums

newer drivers => blur issue on external monitor

xmexme

hi,

im running the xfastest 175.80 drivers on my dell XPS M1530. they do fine, but whenever i wanna try out some newer drivers, i get a problem with my external tft (hp w2207, connected via hdmi->dvi cable):

after an update (removed the old drivers, reboot, install new ones) the laptops display always works without a problem (native resolution 1680x1050), but on my hp everything is just verry blurred, and the desktop gets scrollable (like with some weird resolution settings). i use clone mode, but its the same for dualview etc.

i tried to play with the scaling settings as well as custom resolutions thingies, but it doesnt affect my w2207 at all. with the forum search i came across some custom EDID config. but that also didnt seem to have any impact on the matter.

it's a bit annoying because, as already mentioned, 175.80 is working just perfect out of the box in this issue without any further configuration, but if i install any newer driver version, the described problem pops up.

any ideas?

Edited by xmexme

• 2 weeks later...