LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 and Call of Duty: World at War

Alurmein

Hello everyone,

:) I have a Dell Laptop with an Intel Centrino Duo 2.16 GHz processor, and it has a Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 (IRQ: 16; Bus: PCI Express 16; Memory: 256MB {64 MB Dedicated})

Any Suggestions on what driver to install or will this game even play well on this computer.

I'm also looking into overclocking, any suggestions on any driver or program that can help me do that.

Thanks in advance.

It's not going to play well, but it is going to play. You can probably try 177.92 drivers as for overclocking, you can probably try ntune or riva tuner good luck!

Thanks for your info i do appreciate it. Is there any certain reason why it won't play well? I'm trying to learn a little more about this stuff so all knowledge is going to be very helpful.

Thank you again.

In simplified terms, this is a pretty demanding game for an older 7 series gpu (except for the 7800 up). The reason being these older cards are succumbing to advances in technology, let's say. So expect it to run low-medium. It will run okay, but nothing better.

what video card would you recommend for this game? And if i were to buy a desktop computer what kind of processor would I look for? As in what equipment would i need to make the game run efficiently if i were looking for a new computer?

Edited by Alurmein

It depends on how much money you are willing to fork out. To run the game on max, you would probably need:

9600 gt ($140)

Core 2 duo 2.66 (around $180)

2gb RAM (XP) or 4gb (Vista)

The total cost of a system based on that will be just shy of $900.

For extreme gaming purposes, you should be willing to spend between $1300 and $1500.