LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cant overclock 8600mgt and cpu at the same time

Tenacious J

I have an Asus c90s laptop and recently i replaced my 512 ddr2 8600m gt with a new 256 ddr3 8600m gt. i also upgraded my power supply to 120 watts over the standard 90 which i thought would fix this problem. but still i cannot overclock both the cpu and gpu simultaneously. i can only overclock one or the other for it to work fine. i am also using the 180.43 drivers from laptopvideo2go. the only thing i can think of is that my bios have never been updated on the c90s because i cannot figure out how to do so. any thoughts? oh and im using xp 32bit

what do you mean only one at a time? did you try overclocking in the Video card bios and overclock the CPU in windows?

scenario 1: i can overclock the video card with ati tool and it works fine, as soon as i use turbogear and overclock the cpu, the videocard automatically resets to stock speeds

scenario 2: i overclock the cpu and the video card will not allow me to overclock it anymore.

OVERCLOCK... ahem, overclock the GPU through the BIOS with nibitor and nvFlash then use whatever program you are using for your CPU that should solve the problem... Watch out for the temps as OCing both is tricky very tricky.

could you explain how to use those two programs? when i open nibitor is will not read the 8600m gt it is just blank and i cant change anything and im not sure what to do with the nflash