LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I need help with my SLI...PLEASEEEEE

DvD

Im looking for the best driver for my Asus G70S laptop. It has two NVIDIA 8700M GT SLI...I dont know anything about what driver could give it the best performance...Im an spanish guy, so i cant explain it better, i hope that i could be undertand good.

Thx...i hope a reply...

Edited by DvD

Use 180.44 or 179.14 those to my experience should give you the best performance.

Edited by RFrancis

Use 180.44 or 179.14 those to my experience should give you the best performance.

Thx very much for you reply...im new in this forum, and i have been reading a lot...i have seen this:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....amp;hl=8700+sli

its very interesting table...

Now i have a question, what is the modded INF? need i that for my instalation??

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21839

THX

you have the same setup as me... and i see have been looking at my thread. have you had any luck as yet??

Modified inf files give support for the GPU that mobile users have. Almost all drivers released are for desktops, and then nvidia give a bunch of them to the laptop providers, so they can tweak them for laptops. so we at laptopvideo2go.com do that here. thats basically it.

im actually using 176.92 at the moment. its not the fastest but with overclocking its pretty good, plus its whql so blueray plays with no issues..

179.14 runs a little hot for my system. so i'd imagine the same for you.

umm 180.70 runs ok.. but all 180 series drivers are pretty buggy. i'd stay clear of that. just keep tuned to my thread. i update it every couple of days or whenever a new driver is available for me to test.

let me know how you get on.