LaptopVideo2Go Forums

scoring high 3dmark without overclocking

Tenacious J

if you read my previous thread you would see that i cannot overclock my 8600m gt and cpu at the same time. oddly enough i am scoring higher when overclocking only the cpu rather than gpu in 3dmark 06. with 256ddr3 8600m gt stock speeds of 450/700 and e6600 cpu @2.76 ghz i scored a 5252(res 1280 x 800) total sm2 - 2106 and hdr/sm3 - 1995. these seem to be fairly decent scores for stock gpu does anyone else have similar scores with 256ddr3 8600m gt? i am curious to know...its too bad i cant overclock im sure i could come close to the 6000 range

Edited by Tenacious J

I don't know how your 8600 is performing way better then other ones I have seen, even with a 450mhz rather then a standard 475MHz.

3dmark score takes into consideration the cpu and both shader 2 and 3 scores. so dont look at the whole 3d score, just look at shader scores.

This will give a better view on how games will perform.

(CPU doesnt really do much in games, unless you are using SLi, or a game that has been programmed very badly)