LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista64 and the GeForce 9650m GT

Guest Rokoh

Just bought an Asus m70vn-x1. Can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Left 4 Dead is playable with the stock driver (7.15.11.7605) but the framerate is not very good. I have done as others have in this forum and downloaded your drivers here with the modded inf. These drivers made the game completely unplayable. Any help?

which driver versions have you tried?

which driver versions have you tried?

179.14 (is currently installed, running no better than the default, 176.05)

Used those two with the modded inf file and they made the game unplayable. I will have another video game up and running later tonight to test if it is the game or the driver. Any drivers without modded inf give me an error telling me my hardware doesnt match to the driver.

Used those two with the modded inf file and they made the game unplayable. I will have another video game up and running later tonight to test if it is the game or the driver. Any drivers without modded inf give me an error telling me my hardware doesnt match to the driver.

That's normal - you have to find a driver with original support for your card, and it may need some detective job as your card is pretty new.

unfortunately asus have not released a driver for the m70v laptop as yet. so you are out of luck contacting them.

like zipper said, support will be rear as its a new version of the 9600 base card... Trial and error is your best bet.

Try 176.92.

Failing that give 176.47 a try.

(by toshiba but its for the 9600 gt so with the modified inf file will obviously install, and would highly likely work well with the 9650 as too)

good luck

I'll keep this all in mind, thanks fellas. It runs other video games just fine (wow runs really well). I figured it was a combination of a new/not widely used video card and a new video game. I'll keep checking all the different sites for updates.

Guest Guest Crash

I have a Zepto Nox with a 9650M GT and Vista x64 and I tried these drivers:

174.90a

Only the first two work and those are from Zepto.

I think we have to wait untill more manufacturers make use of the 9650M GT before we see some working drivers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Aquaman253
Just bought an Asus m70vn-x1. Can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Left 4 Dead is playable with the stock driver (7.15.11.7605) but the framerate is not very good. I have done as others have in this forum and downloaded your drivers here with the modded inf. These drivers made the game completely unplayable. Any help?

I just got an Asus m70 vn-x1 also, Rokoh. When I turn it on I get the asghost.exe error. But I also get horrible frame rates on Left 4 Dead. When I turn settings to medium and lower the resolution, the frame rate is playable. My computer randomly shuts off while playing Left 4 Dead though. When I tried to use the drivers on the ASUS disc that came with the notebook, the same s*** happened.

I have an Asus N80Vn-X1 with the latest 180.70 Dox drivers(tried many others) and I've seen people say who own the same laptop that it can run L4D/Fallout3 all high settings but if I try the preset high on fallout3 which others have reported 30fps+ i get anywhere from 13fps in the begginning where your birthday is to 40fps in empty halls. The difference I guess is I'm running Vista 64bit and they arent.