LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Desktop inf and laptop inf

wickerman

When I install video driver can I use the desktop inf instead of the laptop inf? For example, when it ask me to choose the name of the video card, I choose geforce 6800 for desktop instead of geforce 6800go for laptop. Will this harm my laptop like make it hotter or crash the laptop?

yeah you could force your operating system to think you have a desktop version of the GPU... but you wont get any better performance out of it.. and yeah it may cause an increase in heat. which could fry your motherboard.

wook is right. Would you stick a suppository in your nose even if the inscription on the box STATES CLEARLY that it is meant for your anus? You could force your brain to think it is meant for your nose and it could even work but you can't tell what side-effects would be.