LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 6100 notebook problem

AlphaD

hi all,

i have a laptop with amd turion x2 tl-50, geforce go 6100, 1.5 gigs of ram, xp 32bit

whenever i try to run games ( mainly rfactor or gtlegends, splinter cell) my screen starts flickering and after 3-4 secs my laptop freezes. then i have to force restart my computer and then after that windows again freezes during bootup. i have also shown it to my service center, they have changed my graphic chip but even now when i play game on it again freezes and same thing happens after restart. Can someone tell me the valid reason PLZ PLZ :) :)

and sorry for wrong post, I'm new here :P

Edited by AlphaD

Installing newer drivers often solves problems like this. You could try 178.24 or 180.44.

Installing newer drivers often solves problems like this. You could try 178.24 or 180.44.

i have already installed 178.24 and right now i have 180.70 but it does not solve the problem. is there any BIOS related issue or its my processor!!heh..hEh.. :)

Anyway Thanx for ur reply Bro :)

I'm still searching for the solution!!! PLZ... guys help me to sort it out, i'm helpless right now

i'm nt able to even start my laptop :) :P :P :rofl: :)

What are your gaming and idle temps (cpu and gpu). Use either ntune or rivatuner to tell you your temps.

Those are good temps (if youre talking about gpu). What i suggest you do is try 174.74 drivers and see what happens

yep! tried 174.74 but no improvement.

I thnk drivers are not problem coz even in safe mode my laptop freeze sometimes during bootup. and sometimes my LCD does not start for 2-3 minutes after pushing start button of my laptop.

i have also tried to reinstall my xp but after formatting and copying new files laptop again freezes. also checked my HDD for bad sector but there aren't any :)

also sometimes when computer freezes, it shows some progress in loading when i press the keypad or bottom right of the laptop by hand

should i again ask service center to change my gpu (given 85$ for the first change)

Edited by AlphaD

OMG not a single reply after this post.

Plz LV2G just tell me the problem, i'll get it fixed ASAP :)