LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GTA IV invisible textures issue

Quubik

In GTA IV I can only see water, glass and lights. How can is solve this problem? I have tried many different drivers and have changes many settings, but no change. Please help!

Thanks!

I ve exactly same notebook FL90, with same problem. In Nicos flat its fine but when i go outside i can see just blue "water" and some cars. Please help us somebody.

XP 32 bit.. I m just downloading new drivers for 8600 MGT. Hope they ll fix it.

Probably you have to wait for dearly needed bugfix for GTA IV. You act as betatesters...

Probably you have to wait for dearly needed bugfix for GTA IV. You act as betatesters...

ye...check rockstar support page, the issue is being delt with

i have tried so many different drvivers and settings and formatting and no change

we just need to wait

Guest Stryder

Here is my solution, which finally worked for me:

What you need: Driver Sweeper

1. Go to Add / Remove Applications in Windows System Configuration and remove everything with "Nvidia in its name" especially "NVIDIA Display Driver"

2. Boot into save mode and start the application "Driver Sweeper" and check ATI and NVIDIA Driver and remove everything which is found

3. Do the same again to be sure that nothing is left

4. Boot into "normal" Windows and install the driver: 180.48 or 180.60 or 180.70

For me 180.48 worked fine. Some others reported that 180.70 or 180.60 worked.

Then you can run the game and all textures should be were they are.

If you run RivaTuner be sure that it does not overclock the Card.

An unprecedented number of problems i am seeing with gta iv... hopefully rockstar provides relief soon.

• 2 weeks later...