LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Pieter, problem with installation of modded INF?

Hey Pieter,

I downloaded the 44.68 since I couldn't get the 45.91 drivers from station-drivers. Then, per your instructions, I downloaded the modded INF Version 11.67 and copied it into the dir of the extracted zip file with the drivers (44.68). So I went through the process explained in the instructions, but when it began copying files for drivers, it came up with errors stating like 10 files were missing (each time a box would come up with retry or cancel). I was installing the 460 GO on my Toshiba 5205-s505. Not sure what's going on, help :) ? For now, I simply installed the 44.68 drivers in their original form, without the modded INF until I got support/help, thanks.

Andrew

note: so glad I found this "underworld of driver junkies" lol, I have a new-found hatred for Toshiba after dealing with this nVidia nonsense, especially considering the last drivers i had installed produced constant reboots and very randomly, even when not gaming.

I have just installed 44.68 (11.67) on my lappy and it installed just fine.

It looks like either your download was corrupted and files are missing.

Or the INF is in the wrong place and can't find the driver files.

Make sure that the 11.67 INF goes into the directory where the driver files are.

Delete the orignal NVDM.INF file.

And install driver as per instructions.

I hope this helps, having just tried it, there is no mistake in the INF (it can happen).

Pieter.