LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fix missing textures on GTA IV

Dox

Guest Guest-muCkk

as far as i know availablevidmem sets the % of ram gta can use (for example 0.8 would be 80% of the graphic card's ram)

anyways i tried that too, but with 149 gta says i got 2723 mb ram, in fact i have 256mb vram and 1gb system ram. any suggestions how i can use the system ram?

-muCkk

Hmm, I guess I just thought it was using system ram since it displayed all the textures, and I also use -percentvidmem=100 to use 100% of video ram, so I didn't think -availablevidmem was also a percentage.

Yeah, you're right, it is a percentage, but you can use a number over 100%, so if you want GTA to use 512 and you have 256, just use -availablevidmem=2.

I'm not sure where it gets this memory if it's not system, but the textures do show up when they didn' t for me before.

ok, i tried:

- 180.84 by dox

and now i have 180.60. everything with driver cleaner in safe mode and riva tuner --> default settings. none did work.

but if i use availablevidmem=2 now i get at least some textures after the loading screen, but only next to me ..

my status: 180.84, riva 2.21, -availablevidmem=4 -percentvidmem=100

-> textures at start/after loading, but gta doesnt load new ones

(without start parameters no textures at all)

Why are you using -availablevidmem=4?

The figure is a multiplier, you are telling the game you have four more times graphics memory than you actually have. Reset the driver settings in RivaTuner and remove those parameters.

oh ^^, i knew that, but just tried some settings. thought i put it back to one at that time.

ok, it works now, not quite good, but i got most textures and i can play =)

(geforce go 7900 gs, 180.84 beta 3, rivatuner 2.21 -> default settings)

thx to evryone

Guest actarus93

Can someone help me?

I have a 7900 GO on my laptop, with Nvidia forceware 84 63 (I kow it's old, but...). I tried "reset all drivers" with rivatuner, and now I've a resolution of 640 and a 4 bits color depth.I can't change the parameters from my desktop.

Guest WhiteDrone

It worked for me, but for a temporary fix. Going back to the default driver you will take note of how s***ty the graphics are now compared to the newest drivers. I will use this until there is a reasonable patch or driver update to fix the problem. The shadow detail seemed to be the worst.