LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for Geforce 6200 for Windows 2003 32-bit?

hooolio

Hi there,

I've spent quite a bit of time searching this site and others looking for a driver for a Geforce 6200 for Windows 2003. I've tried the recent stock NVIDIA WinXP 32bit and Vista 32-bit drivers as well as the Omega drivers (versions listed below), but after every reboot when I click on the Display Properties tab, I see the following pop up warning:

"The currently selected graphics display driver cannot be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver. Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an updated driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers."

Here is a list of the drivers I've tried installing:

Nvidia 178.24

Nvidia 180.x

Nvidia Omega Drivers 2.169.21 (Forceware 169.21)

I've found a WinXP related Microsoft KB article:

You may receive an error message when you click the Settings tab on the Display Properties dialog box in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891387

I don't think this KB article is relevant as the hotfix is only for XP.

So I'm really hoping someone might have a legitimate driver, suggestions for how to force Win2k3 to use the stock 178 or 180 driver or some other workaround.

Thanks in advance,

Hooolio