LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't use multiple displays without extended display

Danja

I'm trying to use a Sony widescreen TV as a secondary display on my laptop but not as an extended desktop. Right now, I can go into ntune, and in the "Set Up Multiple Displays" menu, I check the box next to SONY TV. The TV (which is connected via HDMI) then displays the wallpaper from my desktop while my laptop acts as the primary display. Because I want to use only the TV screen, I go to Display Settings and uncheck the box for Display 2 that says "Extend the desktop onto this monitor". At this point, the TV goes black and says "no signal", and when I try to toggle the other display via Alt+F4, nothing happens. When I go back to ntune, the box next to SONY TV is no longer checked. I have tried repeating this process multiple times with no luck.

I first thought this was a driver issue; I began with Dox's 180.70, but then I changed to both 180.84 and nVidia's 180.70 and all of them have this problem. I remember being able to do this with the original Gateway driver but the newer ones are much better so I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong before going back to the original. Does anyone know why I can't use just the TV as a display?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I got the best results using 176.92 driver with my HDMI problems. 180.70 gave similar results like you got.

I got the best results using 176.92 driver with my HDMI problems. 180.70 gave similar results like you got.

I tried the 176.92 and I'm getting the same issue. Are there any other possibilities?

176.68 is pretty compatible and bugfree.