LaptopVideo2Go Forums

180.84 - GTA IV

peterpeter

Hi all,

great website, this is the place where I get my drivers :)

Yesterday I bought GTA IV and I am :) because of the graphic problems.

A patch will be released in the next few days but Rockstar says that the graphic problems will be resolved by the 180.84 driver.

Can you already say if or when this driver will be released with a modded inf on your site?

Greetings

read the front page and then read the comments

in short; yes.

It's up and available already.

Yes and I allready installed it, but unfortunately no better performance concerning GTA IV.

Hope that the patch next week will fix most problems.

What gpu do you have?

Hey guys 2 questions

1 Is this driver good for the GeForce 8600M GT for GTA IV

2 Doesn't the 180.84 driver give heat issues??

As you may know by now there is a problem with those drivers. What i suggest you do is download the drivers from nvidia (180.84) and use the modded inf from here. Tell me if you want a link.

Yes, but i don't really know what you mean by that.

What i was trying to say is that people are/were experiencing problems with the drivers provided from this site (and i assumed you downloaded from here) so i was saying to download the drivers from here:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html

and download the modded inf from here.

Yes, but how can I feed the exe with the inf-file? When I download it here the driver is a folder and I put the inf into that folder.

I haven't downloaded the file. If it is an executable just execute it and it will extract all the files into 1 folder like the ones we provide here. Then you will have the ability to add the modded inf.

I haven't downloaded the file. If it is an executable just execute it and it will extract all the files into 1 folder like the ones we provide here. Then you will have the ability to add the modded inf.

No that's impossible with my laptop because I cannot run the exe. The following message is "The nvidia Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

I need a folder with the modded inf an then start the setup.exe like the drivers here.

Oh, now i understand. ok so when you download the file is it in a folder or just setup.exe?

No but when you click on the executable (180.84_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_beta.exe ) to execute it doesn't it start to unpack files into a folder?

ok guys... If you are still having trouble installing the driver, download driver from here: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html

use the modified inf providied here: modified inf

DETAILS: Once you download the driver, it will self extract and say it can not install. GO to the location you extracted the driver to and copy this inf i have provided and paste it into that same folder. then you can run setup.exe

cool?!

DETAILS: Once you download the driver, it will self extract and say it can not install. GO to the location you extracted the driver to and copy this inf i have provided and paste it into that same folder. then you can run setup.exe

Ah, that's the solution. Thank you guys :)

Thanks for the solution wook, good to see it working peter.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the solution wook, good to see it working peter.

Hi Andrew,

I bought GTA IV and I can't make it start on my acer aspire 5520; Anyway I was thinking of updating video driver with the 180.84 from nvidia for my XP os, downloaded the driver but the setup it's aborting everytime with an error "the nvidia setup could locate any compatibile hardware";

Downloaded the modified inf file but still won't work, the same error;

What should I do to upgrade my driver for OS XP??

thanx