LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.84 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Yes I have a MSI GX701 and 9600M GT and this drivers didn´t works not even this download not even download from nvidia and repleace inf it is freeze my laptop.

Else sorry on my English. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lupacche

• kiisu

• Andrew55

• JonTerp

Guest leibwind

I can play GTA IV on my notebook with NVIDIA 7900 GO inside and Windows XP x86 Service Pack 3 as operating system with the "old" graphic driver "180.70" with modded *.inf from this site.

After I have installed the driver and restarted my computer, installed "RivaTuner" and reseted all my driver settings to their default values.

Now I can play GTA IV from 12 up to 18 frames per sec.

It's not much but it will keep me in touch with the game until the next working driver will be released for laptops...

When you want to reset your driver settings with RivaTuner, you must click on the little button in the first window [main], which is on the right under "driver settings", where Customize stands.

In the next window you must click on the right button, which will reset your driver. After that you need to reboot.

Sorry for my english! Good luck!

I've managed to get it to run okay on my GeForce Go7950GTX using the previous 180.70 drivers.

I also had to create a file called commandline.txt in the game directory containing this:

-norestrictions -framelimit 1 -dx9 /high -novblank -percentvidmem 100 -minspecaudio -nomemrestrict

Seems that this driver is not meant for laptops.

I've got 9600M and computer freezes whenever I try to run any game, even dxdiag.

I'll get back to 180.70 and wait for something else.

Btw, Ive got these freezes too, before I did use the modded inf. I modified the nvdisp.inf by myself with a half wrong line, posted in the news thread... after I edited it correctly, it worked for me without freezes!... But its beta ... maybe its getting better with non-beta.

Use dox one, are listed on homepage. Wonderfull results with gta 4. cya

With normal driver I dont get any fps increase ... which card do u have exactly? (8600?) And can u post/send your settings plz? I dont get more than 15fps -.- even with 800x600 but the game looks like s*** than ^^

Got it working just by renaming "nvpvenc" to "nvpvenc.ax" (as stated on the front page). Installed fine and no crashes or BSOD's or anything. However, absolutely zero performance improvement in GTA4. :\

Good Day,

Sorry quite new to changing firmware this way, but wanting to update my MacBook Pro, i believe it has an 8600M GT but it doesn't say it supports any of these on the list, only the more larger 8600 desktop cards.... would it still work, or is there a chance it would cause my system to overheat break?

Thank you in advance

Andy

Sorry quite new to changing firmware this way, but wanting to update my MacBook Pro, i believe it has an 8600M GT but it doesn't say it supports any of these on the list, only the more larger 8600 desktop cards.... would it still work, or is there a chance it would cause my system to overheat break?

Just replace the default .ini in the setup folder with the custom one downloaded from this topic.

hey guys, i have a GeForce 8600M GT and i have tried this release but after i install it it freezes my pc...

i have used the modded inf

im really looking forward to be able to play gta IV because now it keeps showing me the DD3D30 error

does anyone here know how to make it work?

something about the DD3D30 error?

Download these drivers: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html (for your corresponding os)

and then download modded inf and put it in. Good luck.

I'm using now DOX's test release: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22122

Installs nicely, nice performance boost and no problems so far.

Edit: what i meant to say is, when you're having problems with the release in this topic, i'd recommend trying the link above.

Edited by kiisu