LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.84 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

please help me!

i installed this driver, and now my windows got screwed!

it still boots, but when i enter desktop nothing happens, i cant click on anything.

i m writing this from my asus express gate browser.

what can i do?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lupacche

• kiisu

• Andrew55

• JonTerp

please help me!

i installed this driver, and now my windows got screwed!

it still boots, but when i enter desktop nothing happens, i cant click on anything.

i m writing this from my asus express gate browser.

what can i do?

try to reboot in safe mode, remove the driver, reboot again in safe mode, use driver cleaner or driversweeper (freeware) to remove driver renmants, reboot and you should be good to go...

Hmm, I would like to know if any of the 1.8x drivers are working well consistently. I have tried 2 so far and they freeze when I go to load any games.

I have a Vostro 1700 with 8600M GT. I would like to know what driver is recommended. I just want to play Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3.

FC2 gave a msg to upgrade the video driver but I was much happier before when my games worked!

Anyone have success with this card (8600M GT) with any 1.8x driver.

I can't install this driver on my laptop.

I have a 8400m gs graphic card & Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit + ofc INF hack.

When i run setup.exe driver is installing, BUT there's an error "The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation later."

Need help!

Hmm, I would like to know if any of the 1.8x drivers are working well consistently. I have tried 2 so far and they freeze when I go to load any games.

I have a Vostro 1700 with 8600M GT. I would like to know what driver is recommended. I just want to play Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3.

FC2 gave a msg to upgrade the video driver but I was much happier before when my games worked!

Anyone have success with this card (8600M GT) with any 1.8x driver.

I'm currently using drivers version 180.70 with my 8600m GT 512, also all other versions worked for me except this 180.84 which freeze my laptop; anyway DOX modded 180.84 work for me.

I can't install this driver on my laptop.

I have a 8400m gs graphic card & Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit + ofc INF hack.

When i run setup.exe driver is installing, BUT there's an error "The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation later."

Need help!

wrong section, there's the vista 32 bit for you. Maybe you downloaded the wrong driver?

Edited by lupacche

For some reason I can't get either Dox's or this version to install on my system. I've tried the .inf from this page as well as earlier versions of it with no joy. 180.70 installs fine with no problems at all.

Running 7950 GTX SLi, XP SP3. Any ideas? This is the only driver I've had from this site where I've had trouble installing.

this driver freezes my laptop.

Dell inspiron 1720 with 8600m GT

trying the DOX version now.

BEST DRIVER EVER

Every single game i tested runs perfect, except GTA4.

My 9800GTX+ runs like bread and butter with these drivers.

Thanks again LaptopVideo2Go

first of all thank you so much for keeping our drivers up to date and fine tuned. My question may have risen before but as its my 1st time to join the forum i would like to ask only if anyone knows how to solve the issue with vista not waking up when in sleep mode, this happened ever since i installed the non whql drivers of nvidia. Hope someone could help ASAP... I have to force shutdown my HP pavillion 2860 with geforce 8400 GS everytime I put it to sleep...

hey guys

i need help. The latest driver for the 8600m gt is 180.70 but only for windows vista what is with XP?

thanks

[url="http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=21882"]http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21882[/url]

Guest Mr_Martin

Hi,

I have a problem with the new driver. After restart I get a bluescreen for 3 sec and then my notebook restarts automatically. It´s a Toshiba notebook 1440x900 wide screen and a GeForce Go 7900 GS with 512 MB RAM.

And I don´t know what I have to choose at the INF creator.

thank you for youre help

my 8600m gt doesnt work with this driver. i install it and everything perfectly but whenever i go to the nvidia control pannel or open a game the blue screen of death comes up and my system restarts. i did this with the v1.1 update and normal but still messed up. please help!!!!!

i have a 9600MGS Card (Acer Aspire 8930G)........HDMI audio dont installed !!!

Please help

No video drivers participation in here, download the appropriate audio drivers from realtek. Usually vista drivers are also compatible with win xp, so just grub them at acer support.

my 8600m gt doesnt work with this driver. i install it and everything perfectly but whenever i go to the nvidia control pannel or open a game the blue screen of death comes up and my system restarts. i did this with the v1.1 update and normal but still messed up. please help!!!!!

This driver does not work properly on most cards... remove the drivers in safe mode and clean renmants with driversweeper.

Guest abernanit

Hi, I'm having difficulty installing these drivers the proper way (with the modded inf). My laptop (Toshiba P105-S9722) has a nVidia 7900 Go GS on Windows XP 32bit. I extracted the drivers to a folder, downloaded the modded inf and moved it to the folder where the drivers were extracted (in the process overwriting the current .inf) and tried to install the 180.84 drivers just as written in the instructions. However, I still get the error, "NVIDIA SETUP ERROR - The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware - Setup will now exit."

The only way I can get it running is using the Have Disk method, but my GPU fan is always on low and any games will end up running hot (up to 90 C).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Has anyone tried this driver on 9650m??? I've got Asus n50 yesturday,and wonna try this driver...

To those who experience freeze screen on this driver (with 180.84 modded inf), have u guys tried using the older inf on this driver? will it work?

Maybe a stupid question...

How to install DOX driver? I wait for extraction, choose prefered option, click install button. After installation - reboot. And there is no changes... driver isn't installed... but WinXP doesn't complain on missing driver... wtf?

did you uninstall the old driver first with driver sweeper in safe mode?

I used the 180.84.1 Dox version in my 8600M GS with XP Sp2..and it works perfectly!

I used 180.84.1.1 by DOX but i had a very bad performance with my 8600M GT SLI!!

So i went back to the original 180.84 and it works fine for me :)

GTA IV is running at 1440x900 with everythign on high^^

MFG STATIM

J have MSI GX701 with NVIDIA GeForce 9600m GT and I have problem when instalation start -"The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your curent hardware"?!

How to install this driver?

Help me