LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.84 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Are you guys retarded or what? You can't install these modified drivers by launching setup.exe. You should use have disk method. Check first post of this topic (Quickstart Guide).

Ravor.

Watch your speeking man,

I installed by lauching setup.exe and it worked. My problem was solved using another modded inf file.

Today my computer was on battery power and it went to sleep after 1 hour - and strangely enough it woke up completel normally from sleep. Yet when it goes to sleep by closing lid - i get a black screen

Any ideas anyone

I am using the 180.84 driver

to partially solve your problem you should turn off the sleeping feature when you close lid at the energy options of your notebook (that battery icon near the clock.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• wook

• Andrew55

• Franzuu

Top Posters In This Topic

@ken481

Go into power management or right click on the green battery icon at the right-bottom corner of your screen and select power options and you should be good to go from there.

Guest San Pete

FZ190 with 8400GT here.

Was playing Crysis Warhead on Vista, everything mainstream and no AA with 179.13. Everything was super smooth, no lags watsoever.

These drivers caused few lags in Crysis Warhead in the same areas where 179.13 was cruising. And also had starting problems in WaW. The game would hang for a few seconds before starting again.

I'm back to 179 now.

Yes, those drivers would be better in every thing besides gta.

Guest San Pete
FZ190 with 8400GT here.

Was playing Crysis Warhead on Vista, everything mainstream and no AA with 179.13. Everything was super smooth, no lags watsoever.

These drivers caused few lags in Crysis Warhead in the same areas where 179.13 was cruising. And also had starting problems in WaW. The game would hang for a few seconds before starting again.

I'm back to 179 now.

...UPDATE...

I had downloaded the drivers from nvidia directly and the modded inf from here, as suggested by moderators. And that could be the cause of the lags.

So, probably doing that is not a very good idea.

I have not tested the re-released ones. Any updates on 8400GT or 8600GS?

Anyone getting crashes on Unreal 3 PhysX maps? I have an Nvidia 9600M GT and the Lighthouse map doesn't work.

There is a problem with the modification. The driver is not getting installed.

I know the actual drivers work, coz i added my device ID on the nv disp file which i downloaded from nvidia website and it worked!

Hope Pieter modifies it correcty and uploads the drivers again!

Can u plz explain to me how u download drivers directly from nvidia and how u change ur ID on the nv disp to let it install in ur system.

I have Nvidia Geforce Go 8600GT

Thanks

Why these drivers cause performance drop comparing to old 179.13??????

It is kind of strange isn't it

I have got Acer aspire 5930g with 9600mgt ddr3 and for example in COD4 on 179.13 i have at least 40fps everywhere , and on these newest ones sometimes drops to 20fps????

Can someone solve mine problem???

Guest Guest from Italy

I followed the instruction and i modified the .inf file with the one of your site. After installation nothing changed. The game in not fluid. The fps are the same (11).

However looking to system proprietes the version of the driver is still 7.15.11 and not 180.84, i don't understand why (the message of driver installation told me all was succesfull installed).

I've got an Acer8920G with nVidia GeForce 9500M GS 512MB.

Will nVidia Corp. make driver compatible withe Notebook?

However can someone anser me detailed abuot my question/problem? Thanks.

Greatings from Italy (Pavia)

I have got Acer aspire 5930g with 9600mgt ddr3 and for example in COD4 on 179.13 i have at least 40fps everywhere , and on these newest ones sometimes drops to 20fps????

Just keep your good drivers and wait until they debug the latest ones.

If 180.xx offers problems, the latest 178.xx or 179.xx are pretty fast and reliable - except with GTA IV.

Guest Guest from Italy
If 180.xx offers problems, the latest 178.xx or 179.xx are pretty fast and reliable - except with GTA IV.

Except with GTA? Why? is the 180 the solution of gta problem? no.... :)

However do you think they will did a gta driver releas for notebook too?

Guest Guest from Italy
Doesnt work with Windows 7

I don't understand.

So, i keep my old driver for my 9500M GS, they are the 75.xx but they have ever workerd correctly!

Does someone know if nVidia will do a driver optimized fot GTA 4 for the notebook too?

Thanks

They've done 3 betas for 180.84 already, perhaps they can hit the nail in some months...

This thread is depressing, seriously. Most of you should read some of the information in the FAQ so that you actually know what the hell you're doing, and all of us except those hoping to fix gta4 issues should just pass on these and wait for better. I'd suggest 179.14 if people are still looking for a good driver.

had the add this the the mod inf file to get my ASUS M70 9600M gs to work on 180.84

%NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0648.1% = nv_G9x_HD, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0648

Did you uninstall the old driver first?

Did you use Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clean NVidia driver remnants?

Guest Bartju93

I had some critical problems with this driver! going back to 180.48.

Pictures says enough:

987cdy.jpg

Browsing the internet and then everything turned weird. :) It was frozen :)

2hwh1so.jpg

pic of the Vista orb with this problem

2mpe93o.jpg

20 seconds later this bsod came.

5kq60x.jpg

it says hardware malfunction.

Hi,

Just wanted to report I encountered a severe problem with this driver (and the whole 180.xx series, including the 180.48 WHQL one) : the computer just can't resume from sleep. It's a shame, too, they had a nice impact on my gaming performance. And without heating too much, too ! :)

Just to be clear : Yes, I uninstalled the old driver before. Installed the new one manually in the computer management applet.

I definitely hope nVidia fixes this. In the meantime, if anyone has a fix, I'd be glad to hear from him/her... (reverted to 179.14 but they don't fully downclock when idle, and heat a bit more).