LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.84 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

can't install well on my asus m51sn either.this driver is crap.loading the driver fine then reboot but there is no new driver.so i install dox's customise 180.84.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• wook

• Andrew55

• Franzuu

Top Posters In This Topic

can't install well on my asus m51sn either.this driver is crap.loading the driver fine then reboot but there is no new driver.so i install dox's customise 180.84.

hi there.

I've managed to install this driver for my 8600m gs (hp dv95).

However, when I run Fifa 09(demo) I get this:

upload2world_34a0e.jpg

upload2world_6e836.jpg

upload2world_3056c.jpg

you can normally play. They won't change their poses though :) .

maybe thats some kind of future football :) - they just levitate and pass, kick etc. with the power of their brain....

It's giving me the creeps :P (seriously)

Just wanted to report I encountered a severe problem with this driver (and the whole 180.xx series, including the 180.48 WHQL one) : the computer just can't resume from sleep.
These drivers were released as a desktop driver, with no mobile support from nvidia, so there should be no expectation that mobile features will work.

These drivers were released as a desktop driver, with no mobile support from nvidia, so there should be no expectation that mobile features will work.

Sleep is not just a mobile feature. So it should work even though the drivers are not for notebooks. More likely these drivers are specifically aimed at the higher end desktop cards with all the rest as an afterthought. Here comes yet more problems for nVidia users........

Usually, how long does it take for a driver to be WHSQL certified ?

Those beta drivers seem to have lots of problem on my computer, and I hope the certified ones will resolve those problems (sleep mode, artifacts, heat, etc..)

DAMN! Critical GPU problem (artifacts) like 180.70 !!!

Yes, with modded inf.

Hello, i have a medion notebook with a 8600M GS. I have the driver installed.Anyhow the graphic in the game (Warhammer) look funny.

It also seems to run more slowly.Before I had the original driver (156.67) on it.In nvidea-panel stands dx-version 8.1 and with dxdiag version 10.Strangely!

Does the laptop play now only with the version 8.1?Which driver is the best for my graphiccard?

Hey,

I installed this driver with the modded inf last night and its f***** my Asus Ms1n laptop with card Nvidia 9500m GS. It started making the fan run alot noisier and i dont know what to do. I rolled it back to the previous driver, still no luck, did a system restore to a few weeks ago, no luck, re-installed the OEM driver from the CD after uninstalling the new one, no luck, re-imaged the laptop with the OEM DVD back to original specs, no luck, reset the bios to manafactures default, no luck.

Any idea's guys, or should i send it off to Asus?

Cheers

Guest paskoff

Well, I have installed the driver with the moded .inf on my Asus X50GL 8200M G, but at the end of instalation it told me that the driver is not for Vista :) Any ideas? Also I've tried 4 diferent drivers (newer and older), but...the same thing!

i think it only support 8800 cards and above... i tried to download from the official website... under 8600gt is not supported...

I have a 9800M GTX, so i want to update my drivers to v180.84 Vista 32bit !!!

I used the Have-Disk Method, everything was well done, but at the end when the driver was installing something crashed.......

I can see this thing:

pbs_pi10.jpg

That shows that i have some problems with Age of Empires II, BUT !!! i never installed this game on my computer... so i really don't understand :)

and that Windows found a software pilot for my peripheral, but met an error by trying to install it.

I also removed my older drivers, so if someone have any ideas to help me :)

I have this driver but in any moments present BSOD, Why? will have to wait until I give my manufacturer :)

• 2 weeks later...
I had some critical problems with this driver! going back to 180.48.

Pictures says enough:

987cdy.jpg

Browsing the internet and then everything turned weird. :) It was frozen :)

2hwh1so.jpg

pic of the Vista orb with this problem

2mpe93o.jpg

20 seconds later this bsod came.

5kq60x.jpg

it says hardware malfunction.

Have the same problem on my Geforce 8600m GT with that driver. Maybe their are optimized for GTA4 but thats not worth.

Guest bulletpr0of617

Hi

I have just successfully installed the 180.84 for vista32bit for my 8600m GT. Works fine with WoW WoTLK. But still get the 33d30 fatal error with GTA4. Which tbh is really getting on my t!ts!

Having read through alot of posts on here, it seems the driver is not the problem or solution. I have tried many drivers on here, different resolutions, updated directX to 10.0, and got the patch from the rock star games site. With the same results.

Can anyone suggest anything else i can try? I have a dell inspiron 1720, 4gb ram, 2x2ghz intel duo core, and 8600m GT.

Sorry if most of this post is off topic. Anyway... Thanks for all the work you guys do. Like someone else said in another thread (i think) i would have to use the out of date dell/nvidia drivers, since, and i quote:

"I am sorry to inform you that we have limited support for laptop graphics card drivers; we do support drivers for laptop graphics card but only for certain model. The driver version 180.84 available on NVIDIA website is for desktop graphics cards and they are not compatible with the laptop graphics cards."

Nvidia Customer Support, 02 January 2009.

Which frankly is pathetic in this day and age, especially since its one file stopping it being compatable.

Thanks again.

I just downloaded the file and it works perfect with my card Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GT [my specs are below my nickname] - So far I've tried it with Battlefield 2 and it gives me 50-90FPS and Far Cry 2 [runs smoothly]. No problems yet, for some reason I accidentally downloaded the XP version of this driver, it told me it couldn't install it due to the fact I run Vista Ultimate, so being the curious guy I am I clicked on properties on the setup file and changed its compatibility with Windows XP Service Pack 2... it worked and installed it, and of course gave me problems, at first the BSOD on the loading screen of BF2, later I restarted it and Lo and behold the refresh rate problem was solved! You know, the one where Battlefield 2 won't let you load if your screen has a refresh rate of 59Hz and not 60 and up... well, it worked, I was ecstatic, only problem was if I tried to load a map it would CTD... oh well... also Far Cry 2 would not open.... so I uninstalled the driver and downloaded the correct one, which would be this one, the one for Vista 32-Bit and it worked, very nice I must say, a nice and noticeable FPS increase in Battlefield 2 and Far Cry.

Thanks for all your work guys here at LV2go, you guys are amazing and your work is always appreciated by everyone!

BTW anyone know why the wrong version [Win XP] of this driver solved my refresh rate issue with battlefield 2? I mean, I could play it now without a VGA monitor plugged into my VGA port... weird! After installing the correct version of this driver the issue returned but I could now play it, haha, so weird.

Edited by Cujucuyo

• 2 months later...

Like all drivers - with modified inf: yes.