LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700G MT Dell 1730 - No Video on Battery

Drokare

I have Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 and using nVidia 178.24 from here.

I have tried other versions of the driver and my friend has the exact same system I have except he was running 32bit.

Well using the nVidia drivers if I boot up the Laptop with the battery and not using the AC power supply then when it loads the OS the monitor is black and does not display.

I can get the display when it POSTs, BIOS and in Safe Mode, so it is the drivers when the full OS is loaded.

There are occasions that I will be on Battery power for less then an hour here and there, so how can I fix this, or at least make the developers here aware.

Other then that it works great. I usually have SLI turned off as I dual screen a lot. I only have the video "reset" once in a blue moon and only in dual screen so I can live with that.

178.24 has been running the best for me, I tried 180.43 and it was reseting constantly.

Has anyone seen this issue with the battery? Let me know if there is something I can do, I know it is only the display because I can hear it log in and if I use the keyboard shortcuts I can here the responses.

If you need me to do some more troubleshooting let me know.

-Drokare

every 8700GT XPS has this issue. do a search on the forum to see if there is a solution. using old skool XPS driver will sove it, but will also give noticibly less performance.

179.14 is your best bet

HI ,

i HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME SO TO USE BATTERY i USE THE DELL DRIVERS THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WORK IN BATTERY MODE..

No one knows why this happens? The Dell Drivers are so slow.....

• 1 month later...

There are some drivers that work. But u may have to have sli enabled or disabled. not sure on one of the options it works. there are 17-.-- drivers that work with good performance. just search around n this forum and google. There are ppl that can help out there.