LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 9600 GT and Geforce FX5500 Code 43 on x64 Vista

nickrw

I'm trying to run two graphics cards together - Geforce 9600 GT (PCI-e) and Geforce FX5500 (PCI) for four monitors.

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit

I am aware of the Vista issue that the drivers need to be the same.

I've tried using the following drivers from this site:-

180.84 get "The system cannot find the file specified", then "Windows does not support Age of Empires II Update v2.0a"

180.70 get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on one card in Device Manager

180.48 get "The system cannot find the file specified", then "Windows does not support Age of Empires II Update v2.0a"

175.95 get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on one card in Device Manager

174.31 nothing on the download page

173.68 no modded inf on the download page

If I try forcing them to say they're both a 9600 GT then the FX 5500 comes up with a "Device cannot start Code 10"

How can I both these cards running together? I've been trying for days and have searched all over going round in circles! Help!

• 5 months later...
Guest nick mate

Heres your problem you maight have a sli motherboard but the graphics card have to be exactly the same meaning same brand and model number and same version. u can pick up a 9600gt for at least 100 bucks now days. if u got any further questions e-mail me: recorpesed_nick@hotmail.com