LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blu-Ray playback with GeForce 9600M GT

Guest Shivon

Currently I am using the modded INF driver version 180.42, to get my GeForce 9600M GT working. Everything works like a charme, besides for Blu-ray playback. That has stopped working if I don't use the official driver from HP.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV7.

Is there a way to get Blu-Ray working again and keep the 180.42 as driver version?

Thanks a lot for your time and support! :)

you should be able to use that same driver, but look for an app called "mobility modder.net"

It modifies the driver to work with blueray. works with me.

oh after oyu have modified the driver you will need to install again

you should be able to use that same driver, but look for an app called "mobility modder.net"

It modifies the driver to work with blueray. works with me.

oh after oyu have modified the driver you will need to install again

Could you please help me with getting that program? Cannot seem to find it on Google and even so, it looks like it's only for ATI videocards.

Woud love to get an explanation on how to modify the driver so that blu-ray works aswell. Your help would be greatly appriciated :) .

Thanks!

I have done the following.

- downloaded 180.42 driver from laptopvideo2go. Vista 32bit.

- extracted it

- placed the modded inf 180.42 from laptopvideo2go in the extracted folder and overwriting it.

- used the Mobility Modder

- installed the driver using the setup.exe in the extracted file.

- reboot computer after install

- still no blu-ray working

Am I doing something wrong or different in these steps in order to get blu ray working aswell?

Again thank you for the support!

You need a WHQL one

Thank you so much! I download version 180.44 since that was qualified for WHQL. Did the steps I did above this post and now I got a damn good working videocard and with Blu-Ray playback! Haven't tested yet how games react to this new driver, but I can only imagine this will be good.

Thanks a lot for the support guys! :)

sorry forgot i posted here. Thats weird. You did everything correct, and it should have worked a treat.

whql is the other option, but usually has poor performance for games. good to hear its working now tho.

:)

sorry forgot i posted here. Thats weird. You did everything correct, and it should have worked a treat.

whql is the other option, but usually has poor performance for games. good to hear its working now tho.

:)

So your saying that using a WHQL driver, the preformance when it comes to games is poor? So far I haven't got any loss in preformance when it comes to that. But Fallout 3 is a little bit less, at least so I feel it is. I definitely prefer games over Blu-Ray playback. So if any of my current games become slower, I definitely go back to the 180.42 version without anything modded. But I have to say I do have the feeling that Red Alert 3 and NoLimits work better then before. Sooo... I really cannot draw any conclusive reasons if WHQL causes poor preformance in gaming yes or no.

not necessarily if you find a pretty new WHQL driver.