LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MacBook Pro (2.5Ghz w/8600m GT 512MB GDDR3) Overclocking. Need Help so bad :(

thepan

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new (and pretty sucks) here in overclocking mGPU.

I had this newest-old model of MacBook Pro with 8600m GT 512MB.

Since I visited this forum, I started to think that there's something that my mGPU's hiding; which is good.

I've tried many methods including RivaTuner and AtiTool, but what happen is that it has glitches (AtiTool), and resets into a normal clock; even lower (RivaTuner).

The last thing I've done was using this nTune method which posted somewhere within this sub-forum. It works actually, but usually the screens appears to have a lot of black "sprinkles" running, then some kind of wavebars; then POOF.......it glitch.

Is there anyone here who have the same "faith" as I do now?

Is there any ways to overclock 8600m GT in MBP?

...and how far u can get so far (with method) ?

share it here please..

thanx for helping. I trust u guys.

Pardon my english :)

Edited by thepan

Aahhhh a fellow from Indonesia.....

Try to find a forum for MBP.... I remeber seen it somewhere. But not in laptopvideo2go.com.

there're lots of em -______________-

Try to use flash option (the only option you haven't tried).

But since you use dual boot, I guess its not a good idea since you're likely going to overclock even when running OS X.

But in my case, flashing my graphic card is the only way to overclock.

Try to use flash option (the only option you haven't tried).

But since you use dual boot, I guess its not a good idea since you're likely going to overclock even when running OS X.

But in my case, flashing my graphic card is the only way to overclock.

and.......

gimana caranya ya?

newbie nih :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey i'm having the exact same problem as original poster! I have a MBP w/ the 512mb version of 8600M GT! I have tried the Nvidia 179.43 drivers from their website, and now the Dox's 180.84 drivers w/ Rivatuner and ntune. Neither have worked! In ntune the clocks stuck in the window, but the temperature did not increase and made absolutely no impact as well as reporting same clock speed in GPU-Z. In rivatuner, the clocks would reset whenever i clicked ok and exited. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am trying to play STALKER w/ a mod or two for graphics and I need some extra fps. help please!

• 3 months later...
Guest windows rules.

Ok, here's the deal:If you install windows/bootcamp you could install nTune by nvidia when booted in windows.This will allow overclocking and it retains your new over/under clock settings even if you reboot. So you could run mac osX.

To get nTune working however, first you need to download and install Nvidia video drivers manually from Nvidia website. Bootcamp nvidia drivers doesn't work with nTune (tested with vista 64bit)

I persoanlly don't run OSX or bootcamp on my MBP.

My config is as follows:

MBP 2.4GHz nvidia 8600m Gt 256MB.

Samsung solid state drive (SSD) 256GB

4GB ram

Vista 64bit ultimate.