LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GX630 Ralink dropping signal

muthaflaco

Like the title says, my Ralink card keeps dropping signal. I have Vista x64 installed. When it drops signal, I can push the wireless button to turn wireless off, then turn it on, and signal comes back, but only for a couple minutes, if that. Then I have to reset it again. I don't remember this happening when I had Vista x86 on the laptop. Any ideas, or things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by muthaflaco

Have you tried the latest drivers I have above ?

Ralink have a good driver update page on their website http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html

Does the GX630 use the RA2860 Chipset ?

Have you tried the latest drivers I have above ?

Ralink have a good driver update page on their website http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html

Does the GX630 use the RA2860 Chipset ?

How do I check what chipset I have? Is it in device manager?

*Update: I installed the 2760/2790 drivers and it still does the same thing. The wireless card is a RT2700E. When it drops signal, it still says it's connected in the tray, but it can't display web pages. If I reset the wireless button, it works again for a few minutes. In power settings in Vista I have the card set for max performance. In the driver settings I have the power management unchecked. Any ideas what's happening?

Edited by muthaflaco

Fixed the problem. Bad settings in my dlink dir-625. Got it all worked out now. Funny thing is, is that I have had friends over with their laptops, and my wife and I both have iPhones, and not one of us had problems. Thanks for the help at any rate. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't you have that, when they ask for a fix, fix it them selves but don't tell anyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that. I forgot about this post. Someone should have PM'd me for a reminder.

What I did was reset the router. I then updated to the newest firmware, reset again. (3.07) Then when I set up the security, I used plain 'ol WPA/WPA personal instead of the higher security and encryption. Saved and reset for a final time, and it's been fine since.