• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With Performance Install, I get texture issues! Now I will try the recommended install!

post-18071-1229078972_thumb.jpg

Edited by siN07

Haven't found any issues here using XP64 and an 8400m GS. Top stuff!

Damn, I cannot figure out why can't I install the driver. It says that no drivers were installed, cause nothing was found, bla, bla....

I have 8600m GS and Win XP 32bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by oove

A number of fixes and improvements to the new installer and drivers since public beta.

I recommend users who had problems with my public beta try these since I found a few bugs.

Drivers are available in all flavours make sure you download the right one for your OS.

I've made some internal changes from 180.70 as well:

-Drivers are now called [Dox Optimised]

-Changed the tweaks slightly

-Drivers are now extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084 etc so manual driver setup file deletion is required.

-Includes option to install drivers for higher performance

Release Highlights

-Based on re-released 180.84 beta

-Supports all mobile gpus from 6 - GT100 series and quadro equivalent

-Added extra resolutions not found on original set

-Added Image quality and performance tweaks

-No GTA IV texture corruption with my tweaks

-Highly optimised drivers

Full Changes

-Added support for all mobile GPUs 6 - GT100 series and quadro equivalent
-Removed all desktop support
-Added numerous Direct X and OpenGL performance tweaks 
-Set MipMap level for optimum performance and image quality
-Added compatibility tweaks for older games
-Added tweaks to help reduce stuttering in games
-Added extra resolutions not found on original set
-Optimised the Nvidia driver service
-Improved responsiveness of Nvidia control panel

-Fixed GTA IV texture issue

-English language release only
-Removed helps files
-Removed language files
-Removed Nview and its associated files and reg enteries (XP Only)
-Removed NVcolor.exe (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia tray icon (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia Stereovision  (Vista only)
-Removed unnesseccary reg enteries made by Nvidia

Download Links

XP_180.84

XP64_180.84

Vista_180.84

Vista64_180.84

Post issues, comments and feedback here!

First of all THX for your drivers I will install them today when I get to go home from my office. my question to you is do these drivers solve the problem of SLI?

THX

Hi!

Does this driver only support laptop cards, or is it suppose to work with desktop ones as well? If so, I cant install it for 8800 GTS 512 running Vista x64.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

With recommanded it runs without OC very fine and not texture issues! nice work! No problems at all...

http://www.guru3d.com/news/geforce-18084-b...eased-download/

I assume that your drivers are beta 2. So if only I replace inf in the new beta 3 with your custom one, will I have all modifications?

No it won't.

Thanks Dox! Just what I needed to fix my Prince of Persia game issues :) :)

EDIT: btw, this shot up my lowest vista score from 3.1 to 3.3...SWEET!

EDITEDIT: I did a balanced install btw, and GTA4 has texture issues.... hmmm

Edited by Ahmaz

Hi Dox,

Thx for the update! I was just wondering if I can manually reenable these drivers to install themselves on a desktop GPU, as I want to see the noticable performance gain everyone here mentions, but on a desktop system.

Also, what was your purpose in removing desktop support? Smaller filesize? Smaller code? More easily applicable tweaks for quality and performance on the mobile end?

Regardless, thx for these nicely optimized drivers, I really appreciate it, as do many others (I use it for my laptop, but I'd like to use it for my desktop as well).

Last drivers with desktop support was 180.44.

I didnt think people with desktop would trust some mobile guy making desktop optimised drivers :)

Also smaller code and quicker to release them.

I've gotten so busy with these drivers now its almost beyond the time i have:

I got to keep packaging them into the installer

I support all flavours

I made 2 different driver settings for each flavour

other than yeah, I'll see about desktop support again if I have the time etc.

Well, the reason I trust a "mobile guy to handle desktop GPU optimizations" is because your reputation as a tweaker has already been proven. Secondly, optimizing desktop drivers for mobile notebook support is to me, like reverse engineering a complex system into a more accessible form.

I'm a Vista x64 user and these new Dox drivers work a treat for GTA4. I can now play on High settings instead of Medium. Good job Dox, big respect. Gameplay is noticeably smoother and there are no stutters like previous drivers. I haven't had the chance to try any other games as I'm at work but I'm pretty sure they will run just as well as before as it was only GTA4 that I and many others had trouble with.

Edited by The-Monk

I'm having big problems with vsync and frame skipping/stuttering ONLY while using the mouse, looking with keys is smooth at 60 fps, this is for all source engine games (including goldsrc hl1). Any ideas? I've tried everything tweaking vsync and tripple buffering, could blit settings have any effect?

Me too on CS 1.5 :)

Guest Weetbix
With Performance Install, I get texture issues! Now I will try the recommended install!

I've having the same problems as this bloke. 8600M GT on Windows XP, my mate just installed the drivers on his 8400M and is getting the same problems! Any ideas, I would love to try these performance drivers DOX :) .

I'm having big problems with vsync and frame skipping/stuttering ONLY while using the mouse, looking with keys is smooth at 60 fps, this is for all source engine games (including goldsrc hl1). Any ideas? I've tried everything tweaking vsync and tripple buffering, could blit settings have any effect?

i am also getting major slowdowns in all Source games (CS:S, HL2 etc) and i have no idea why, i've tried reverting back to the older drivers and nothing, hopefully DOX can look into it :)

Note: when i used to play i was at 1440x900 with all settings max apart from AA, now i have to run 1440x900 with all on low and even a config made to remove certain parts of game :)

I've having the same problems as this bloke. 8600M GT on Windows XP, my mate just installed the drivers on his 8400M and is getting the same problems! Any ideas, I would love to try these performance drivers DOX :) .

what kind of texture issues?

and for what game?

In Fifa09, on a x86 laptop the players float all over the field. They are not moving their feet, hands. They float . Only in the modified driver by dox. The one from nvidia is ok.

hey! Thankx Dox! I cant wait to get this installed!

the thing is... i cant download the files! it either is at very slow speeds (5 kbs) or goes dead... cant someone upload it in a mirror

In Fifa09, on a x86 laptop the players float all over the field. They are not moving their feet, hands. They float . Only in the modified driver by dox. The one from nvidia is ok.

I was gonna bundle in a "compatiblity" option in the driver installer,

but dropped it at the last minute.

The compatibility option had all tweaks removed.

The reason I dropped it was because if I had that, you might as well be using the other non optimised drivers found here. :)

So thats what I suggest you do.

Firstly, thx dox for the driver :)

Secondly ... this is kinda unfair ... am i the only one here who's getting BSOD ?

Its caused by the nvlddmkm.sys thingy. Sometimes it recovered fine, sometimes it caused BSOD, sometimes just a straight restart.

This is particularly evident in the very first cut scene of gears of war where bunch of wretches are climbing about fenix's cell

Just in case if youre wondering its something else, I have been using 178.24 for about 2 months before this and all seems fine (thx dox for that driver :) )

All 180.xx has caused the same BSOD problem with nvlddmkm. and no ... its not the gpu overheating ...

Btw ... will using different inf set make the GPU act any differently ? ie, the BSOD occurs when im on the balance inf, will performance inf make it any better ?

My System:

T9300 2.5ghz Core 2 Duo

4gb ram

8600m gt DDR3 256mb

Vista home premium sp1

Edited by shadowlaw

and for what game?

Watch the screenshot Ive posted some replies before!

just stick to the normal 180.84 if these are not working well for you.

and for what game?

Dox, he's referring to GTA4..same problems as I have...

I'm on 8400M G though. Any clues?