LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

which setting are you using?

Performance or balance?

I have GTA IV I dont get any issues, I presume its a bug in the drivers, not much I can do about that i'm afraid

you could try the normal 180.84 found here.

I'll add a "compatibility" option for next release.

*sigh* more work.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• Claw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what kind of texture issues?

and for what game?

it seems most drivers contain this problem, i've finally found the drivers i was using before "179.13 (the alienware drivers)" and my fps is back to normal :)

which setting are you using?

Performance or balance?

I have GTA IV I dont get any issues, I presume its a bug in the drivers, not much I can do about that i'm afraid

you could try the normal 180.84 found here.

I'll add a "compatibility" option for next release.

*sigh* more work.

Gah..sorry about that, mentioned it in my previous post. I installed it using Balanced settings...while the other person used performance..both had GTA 4 texture problems.

Yeah I could...but I <3 your optimised drivers much much more! :) :)

U think this is good for grforce 8600m gt 512 mb, to play cod world at war??? it freezes the sreen in all other drivers=(

system:

win vista 32 bit

3 gb ddr2

2,4 ghz core 2 duo

help please=)

DOX!! great work, this driver never downclocked and thats what im espiacially looking for in these days^^ fallout 3 works wonderful. feels better than with 178.26. thanx a lot.

by the way, nice installer! :)

Gah..sorry about that, mentioned it in my previous post. I installed it using Balanced settings...while the other person used performance..both had GTA 4 texture problems.

Yeah I could...but I <3 your optimised drivers much much more! :) :)

you can try this:

do not uninstall the drivers, now download and install rivatuner 2.21 and select reset driver to default settings as shown here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22100

reboot and hopefully all goes well when you start the game.

Don't worry you will still benifit from my optimisations :P

DOX!! great work, this driver never downclocked and thats what im espiacially looking for in these days^^ fallout 3 works wonderful. feels better than with 178.26. thanx a lot.

by the way, nice installer! :rofl:

np, I worked hard on that installer!

Got a few more things planned for it...

one step at a time :P

U think this is good for grforce 8600m gt 512 mb, to play cod world at war??? it freezes the sreen in all other drivers=(

system:

win vista 32 bit

3 gb ddr2

2,4 ghz core 2 duo

help please=)

Right now my CoDWaW is also freezing..it happened too with the previous drivers. I'll check again tommorow after another re-test..it's late here.

EDIT: Just saw your post Dox, will try tht now and notify the results tommorow.

Edited by Ahmaz

When Posting in this thread, please note the disclaimer in the readme included with the driver.

Comments made here should only be regarding the differences between the standard nVidia and DOX's driver, not other problems you might be experiencing.

Please take separate issues to a different thread.

Thanks.

"These drivers are based on DESKTOP drivers!

"Normal" functions to do with with your

laptop may not work compared to drivers provided

to you by your manufacturer.

Issues will exists such as:

-You may have higher temperature for your gpu

-Waking up from sleep may not work

-TV out/ dual screen etc may not work 100%

etc

In such cases you should continue using drivers

provided to you by your manufacturer if you are bothered by that.

Do not ask me such questions related to those

functionality and why they do not work as I will not answer them."

Shut up man!

Nobody wants you here.

GTFO!

Shut up man!

Nobody wants you here.

GTFO!

That's rude. You could have just ignored his message if you didn't like it.

btw, great drivers dox. :) Not much of a fps increase in gta 4 but its running lil smoother.

I'm looking to try these out but trying to download them from the links in the post redirects me to this error/leech page.

Am I doing something wrong?

Dox, do this driver support 8600m gs?

I cannot install it on my laptop.

Using XP x86

How's the performance? Is it crashing after it wakes up from sleep? Just asking because i have the same card as you and i had problems with the last 180 release

Performance is really good! This is much faster than the previous Dox Customized driver. Playing Half Life 2 EP 2 was a lot smoother.

then dont use the driver?

strange,

whats your OS?

I know 8400Mgs is supported.

If you could give me what version of my driver you are using, then I can narrow it down.

again lol,

what OS are you on?

I may not have the device ID for that card so if you could provide me it.

I'm using Vista 32 bit Home Premium Service Pack 2 Beta. And I'm trying to use your 180.84, I was using 180.70 before

Dox, do this driver support 8600m gs?

I cannot install it on my laptop.

Using XP x86

in the installer:

you MUST select click either the Balance or performance button,

then click "install" on the next page.

If you do not click either Balance or Performance then the drivers will fail to install sating no hardware info found.

8600Mgs is definitely in there : with device ID 425.

Is there any practial difference compared to 180.84 dox beta release?

And do i understand correctly that these are still based on nvidia beta release, which means nvidia will eventually release a nonbeta version of 180.84?

as I guess, the TimeShift Game, still can not play :)

But in another games, this driver works better smoother in performance instalation :)

Dox, I've tried changing the pre-rendered frames to lower but it didn't help. AFIK it's actually all games which stutter slightly using the mouse, but source games seem to be most sensitive to it.

Dox, I've tried changing the pre-rendered frames to lower but it didn't help. AFIK it's actually all games which stutter slightly using the mouse, but source games seem to be most sensitive to it.

I'm not experiencing any stutters actually. I don't know if Garry's Mod counts as a source game but that works fine on my machine?

Dox, I am still getting texture errors on GTA4 even after resetting to default driver setttings through RivaTuner. I guess I have to wait for a fix on that =P

Guest Weetbix

(GTA4 problem)

Thanks for trying to find a solution DOX.

Maybe this will help, I rolled back my drivers to the previous .84 that I was using before yours, they were working great. But the texture problem is still there! Don't stress though I'll use system restore soon.

in the installer:

you MUST select click either the Balance or performance button,

then click "install" on the next page.

If you do not click either Balance or Performance then the drivers will fail to install sating no hardware info found.

8600Mgs is definitely in there : with device ID 425.

Thanks for the reply. However I tried to press Balance or Preformance, but that doesn't solve the problem.

I did not get any increase over the original Dox 180.84, neither over 180.48 ...

I still get the graphical corruption, like everything has charcoal thrown on it..

And it runs like crap on my system, even while super OCed... :)