LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

DOX, help!

After installing your drivers, I sometimes notice garbage on my windows vista wallpaper. Or sometimes there will be snow. Everything works well after I reboot. But it happens every so often that when I'm watching movies, after almost an hour or so, my media player will hang, audio will stutter and two things might happen.... the nvdkm (?) driver will crash and recover (yellow exclamation triangle on my taskbar) or my laptop will BSOD showing nvdkm (?) has crash.

also, my laptop will not go to standby. especially when i left the screen running, it will not blank the screen.

is this a problem with XPS M1530 8600m GT laptop video cards? or just the driver?

im running vista ultimate 32bit.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@coolsurf: Did you install the driver correctly and used a driver cleaning tool before you installed it? If you did that, then this might be a heat problem.

Edited by Shaythong

My sequence of actions was:

1) Uninstall previous version of drivers (Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> NVidia drivers/Uninstall)

2) Reboot

3) Install 180.84 Dox Optimized Balanced

4) Reboot

System boots in 32 bit mode and then changes color depth to 16 bit.

Maybe it's not need to uninstall previous version of drivers?

I will try now.

I've tried different cases. No one worked with my NVS 140M with 1920x1200x32bpp resolution. Sad. I've even tried other versions of ForceWare downloaded from laptopvideo2go.com. Nothing helped.

Moved back to dell provided 174.31. After clean reinstall they suddenly works better then before.

Did you try 178.26 Quadro driver, it's pretty good.

I use Dox's optimized Vista x86 180.84.1 and sometimes i have problem with artefacts... video freezs but sound work fine... only restart fix this.... can somebody help my?

A number of fixes and improvements to the new installer and drivers since public beta....

Dox, you rock!

My system is more stable, more responsive, and generally has better 2D and 3d performance, including Aero Glass, with your driver versus the latest NVidia driver as of 2 weeks ago with a modded .inf file.

I wanted to ask though, YouTube HD video now plays back smoothly, as does Silverlight video. NBC/Hulu plays back better on my girlfriend's Intel GMA950! What's the deal? Also, QuickTime fullscreen isn't great, but it's better than the last driver I tried.

Should I test rendering methods with VLC? I know my card is old (2006) and not the most powerful, but it should be able to handle 1440x900 video just fine, despite its meager specs. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Just for reference, the NVS Quadro 100M is the equivalent of a GeForce Go 7300.

I have the latest Flash Version, 10, and have the problems in Firefox and IE. VLC plays everything fine, as does WMP for WMV HD. I just don't get it. I'm using the "Performance" setting for Dox 180.84 version 1.1.

I'm jst guessing is a driver thing that nvidia will have to fix.

What were the last drivers that you did not have issues with watching videos?

If you dont intend to do gaming much, then I recommend you stick to the last driver you used that did not give you issues with video playback.

I'm guessing when viewing your video on FF or IE, your 2D clocks are too low making the vids laggy?

Or your CPU isnt being utilised enough making the vids laggy?

You can try and boost your 2D clocks using this guide:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22286

its risky, so like I say, sticking to your last drivers which does not give you issues would be your best bet.

Did you try 178.26 Quadro driver, it's pretty good.

I've installed mentioned driver. Thanks God it works with 1920x1200x32bpp. And it made my laptop more silent then before. DirectX applications also performing faster.

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like temperature related problems. This driver runs hot compared to 180.70, which is unfortunate since Left 4 Dead runs with multicore so well on 180.84. As long as it doesn't go above 80, it's okay, but after 2 hours of L4D, .70 would be at 67C, and in this driver it's at 77C.

84 C after one 3dmark06 test... I think I need to roll back to 180.70. What aspect of the drivers affects temperature changes? I don't understand how one release to the next could have different operating temperatures.

Guest Xantheuz

Honestly whats with you people worrying about your gpu hitting 80 degrees +. They're designed to withstand temps up to a 105 degrees, some say 120. If you have artefacts, then just rollback to your previous driver. If your performance drops, then just rollback. No point complaining about it here, cuz honestly do you think Dox has the time to slowly sort through each of your probs? Hes not some IT tech guy with nothing better to do then sit at his comp 24/7. Solve your own problems :)

Keep up the great work Dox :)

I have problem with starting windos vista 32 bit after install this driver, this error: pc cand find /system32/nvcpl.dll and nvmctray.dll . Can you somebody help me? thx

I uploud this libraries to sytsem32, i dont have this error , but with starting win i have failed procces

Dox, there is a problem with 180.84 series with HD video playback. When I try to run 720p mkv content, it runs really slow. I don't have this with normal drivers.

I will test this further, and give you a detailed info soon.

Dox, there is a problem with 180.84 series with HD video playback. When I try to run 720p mkv content, it runs really slow. I don't have this with normal drivers.

I will test this further, and give you a detailed info soon.

84 C after one 3dmark06 test... I think I need to roll back to 180.70. What aspect of the drivers affects temperature changes? I don't understand how one release to the next could have different operating temperatures.

92 C after two tests, but stable during gaming and benchmarking, so i don`t think it`s the reason worry about :)

Dox 180.70 - 4480 3D Mark06

Dox 180.84 - 4726 3D Mark06

Great job, Dox! :)

Having some problems with GTA4 : I'm pushing a little the boundaries there, but running nvidia go 7600 with Intel centrino duo T2500 @ 2.0GHz and 1G ram, with 180.84.1 optimized in balance, works, but still some texture issues. 848x480 res is fastest.

Otherwise, performance install crashes the computer loading GTA4, while we see the characters drawing pass by. The computer simply closes down, hard crash. Doesnt reboot, a bit like overheating, but systematicly.

Every time I install, I desinstall, reboot in safemode, use driversweeper, reboot, install, reboot.

Aint much a whine, not asking for a miracle here, but still something is wrong =) Thanks anyway for the work and feedback!

You're not even close to the minimum requirements, are you? Can't expect much.. =o

Hello great Driver 3D Mark 06:

179.13 -> 9236

180.84.1 -> 9661

2 Things I found, with every Driver with 180.xx my STALKER looses more then 10 FPS this including and its, stuttering.

The 2. Thing is, but I don't really know if it has to do with this Driver. I can't change the Brightness of my Display, not with the Fn Function and not in the Menu.

Drivers are now extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084

And what if you do not have a C: Drive?

Use system variables, that is why they are there, don't assume anything about a computer's configuration.

92 C after two tests, but stable during gaming and benchmarking, so i don`t think it`s the reason worry about :)

Dox 180.70 - 4480 3D Mark06

Dox 180.84 - 4726 3D Mark06

Great job, Dox! :)

I'm up to 5300 3dmarks on this one, the highest score yet.

I've noticed that during gaming, the temp is a lot more reasonable- ~77C.

Guest badblood

Thanks to Dox for putting his time into this..really appreciate it.

However before I try these are there any sleep issues with this version? I had problems waking from sleep with the previous version and had to roll back...performance was good but I need the sleep functionality more :S.

Hi DOX or everyone !!

I've very seriously problems with high temp GPU, my 8600M GT ever reach 102 C after played games for 2-3 hours

And i have problem waking up from standby to.

Now i used dox 180.70, so what the most suitable driver for me, between 179.28 notebook driver or dox 180.84.1 driver?