LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

Hi,

Great driver. I see a slight increase in GTA4 performance on my 8600m gt over 179.14. However I noticed that now if I pause and then resume videos at Hulu.com, the video starts lagging and skipping frames in full screen only. It does not lag before I pause it. I have an asus g1s with a 2.2 ghz core duo so I know it's not my cpu and it did work fine with the old drivers. Anyone encounter this issue?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 179.28 is official moble drivers by nvidia, you should try those for max stable functions in non gaming environments.

And what if you do not have a C: Drive?

Use system variables, that is why they are there, don't assume anything about a computer's configuration.

you're telling me that you don't?

The 179.28 is official moble drivers by nvidia, you should try those for max stable functions in non gaming environments.

Then, can you make Dox Optimised 179.28 (performance) driver :)

So, for someone who have some problem with unstable function and overheating problem like me, stiil can enjoy gaming environments so well :P

Or may be you can add "performance stable" insataller option to your driver, so there are 4 option performance stable, performance, balance and quality :P

Please forgive me if i request to much :)

Guest turnerd

hi

well ive done some tests on my own, my system is a clevo m860tu with t9400 2.53, 2gb ram, 9800m gts.

tests with dox 180.84 3d mark 06 9438, which i was happy with, and i ran benchmark for farcry 2 with res on 1680x1050 all very high settings and averaged 31 frames. So not a bad result. The temps stayed around 78c.

But i noticed the new nvidia drivers 179.28 designed for the mobile graphics card was released, so i thought i would give it ago. ANd the tests where interesting.

3d mark06 i got 9510 so i little increase which was interesting, but on the farcry 2 tests i averaged 30 frames with the same settings, so i got a higher 3d mark but not as good on farcry2, so it was hard for me to choose which driver to use.

Then i remembered what about overclocking, ive never been able to overclock my system, with rivatuner or ntune, but as these where offical drivers from nvidia i would try ntune again, and it works. YAY!!!

first i tried a few tests changing the clocks quite small then hitting the test button and it was testing ok, i also hit the optimal button, i suppose it finds the optimal speeds for my card, the default speeds are, core 600, memory 799, shader 1500, once i click find optimal it went stupidly high, like 900 core, 1075 memory, and 1900 shader, but i didnt want to fry my laptop, so i changed it to 700 core, 900 memory, 1700 shader and ran the tests again while keeping a eye on temps, as i dont have any sort of notebook cooler. these are the results i got.

3dmarks 06 10161 temps 80c

farcry 2, 33 frames

conclusion, well i think im going to keep the nvidia 179.28 drivers only because i can overclock, but its clear to see that dox drivers are more optimized for better game performance, if dox could do the same for these drivers then we could have some interesting results with the ability to overclock.

Wow dude this driver ROCKS!!! Big performance increase.

My incredibly paranoid side is wondering about something. When I intialize the NVIDIA control panel (You know, load it for the first time, pick Standard/Advanced, then it goes to the settings screen and "Let the 3d application decide" is then selected). Does that overwrite/reset any of the tweaks in this driver?

Hi DOX or everyone !!

I've very seriously problems with high temp GPU, my 8600M GT ever reach 102 C after played games for 2-3 hours

And i have problem waking up from standby to.

Now i used dox 180.70, so what the most suitable driver for me, between 179.28 notebook driver or dox 180.84.1 driver?

This has nothing to do with your drivers, 8600m GT has overheating issues. Especially the one in a 15" notebook with 256MB GDDR3. IF you have a warranty, I highly suggest you contact the company you have the warranty with as the majority of 8600M GT caused some recalls. Since the fan in those particular "size" laptop run off a single GPU/CPU Heatsink Fan combination, eventually your card will over heat, early wear out your fan, and eventually lead to your CPU frying, which if it fries while running your laptop, with a 90% chance, will have catastrophic system melt down of your chipset.

Edited by Cain

P.S. I think you were right the first time with the drivers to not have a quality install as that is just a typical installation.

P.S.S. Hope you work your magic for the 181. Any idea why the new mobile ForceWare 179.28 you posted in the news can overclock? If so can it be transferred to the 181, as that sounds like the drivers I want to OC for performance.

i cant use 180.84dox~dont know why

now i am using 180.84

8400mgs 256m vista home p 32bit

it say windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item?

Have you got a C:\ drive?

My installer assumes that you have a C:\driver and extracts to C:\Vista_Dox_18084.

If you dont have that then maybe thast the error

Hi dox,

First of all thank u very much for this driver release. with this drivers I can atleast see 10 feet in gta 4.

I am using nvidia geforce go 7700 (512mb) in asus a8js.

I wanted to know do you have any tips or optimizations for this chipset.

any information is appreciated.

thank u again dox

A number of fixes and improvements to the new installer and drivers since public beta.

I recommend users who had problems with my public beta try these since I found a few bugs.

Drivers are available in all flavours make sure you download the right one for your OS.

I've made some internal changes from 180.70 as well:

-Drivers are now called [Dox Optimised]

-Changed the tweaks slightly

-Drivers are now extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084 etc so manual driver setup file deletion is required.

-Includes option to install drivers for higher performance

Very nice driver and great performance, but what's the feature for the power mizer.

I looked and searched but i cannot find any details.

18084 (1.1) is rock solid for my 9600M GT @ 9700MGT/9800MGS clock speed.

Hey guys, probs a stupid question.

cos i havent updated my drivers in a while, i was wondering with the new installer do i still need to uninstall my current drivers first?

yes, that is best practice

oh okay sweet, lol thanks for speedy reply

its like 3:37am where i live so i totally didnt expect it LOL, the wonders of the intarwebz

Installed and my laptop brightness setting no longer works :)

GeForce Go 7400