---

this driver very good! in Vista x64 and 8600gs 256

in game fast very THANKS

now only Dox's Customized Forceware instal me

Guest Araghius

Good day,

I have used both drivers 180.84 and 180.84.1

For 180.84

Great drivers, I do own a Dell XPS M1710 with a Geforce go ( M ) 7950 GTX and OCíng with RTuner. Since these drivers won't heat up my gfx card I'm able to put some pressure on this card.

Default clock - 575 / 600 .... Overclockable till 595/650 with the latest nvidia drivers 179.28.

With 180.84 installed - 635 / !! 775 !!, Gaining a 3dmark05 score of above 10000 points, instead of the standard 9400ish points.

World of Warcraft with shadows turned on 40FPS in crowded area's.

About the temps, using GPU-z.

179.28 3D performance - idle 66, stress 87 max.

180.84 3D performance - idle 57, stress 73-75 max.

For 180.84.1

Rather unstable drivers for my laptop, artifacts and BSOD's. Playing World of Warcraft is nearly impossible with shadows turned on. In the same area with the 180.84 drivers about 12FPS.

About OCíng.

With 180.84.1 Installed - 585 / 625 ( If put higher system turns off ).

About the temps.

180.84.1 3d performance - idle 72, stress 90+ and system shut down.

So Dox's - thanks for making the 180.84 driver, really insane performance boost, keep it up, and wish you guys from Laptopvideo2go.com a happy new year.

Araghius.

hi,

I downloaded the 184.84 drivers from dox, and since then, sometimes some "artifacts??" appear on my screen, just like the ones in the image below. but they do NOT appear while playing, just when I'm working, surfing the net and similar tasks. does anybody know if this is caused by dox's drivers and if has any solution??

thank you!!

artifactsgn7.th.gif

hi,

I downloaded the 184.84 drivers from dox, and since then, sometimes some "artifacts??" appear on my screen, just like the ones in the image below. but they do NOT appear while playing, just when I'm working, surfing the net and similar tasks. does anybody know if this is caused by dox's drivers and if has any solution??

thank you!!

artifactsgn7.th.gif

now is everywhere in the screen that there are little artifacts (one pixel in size) which make the screen unreadable at all. I've had to downgrade to 169.09, which I used to have before and worked fine, but I'd like to upgrade them because in games I've been gaining some FPSs with DOX's, but its obvious that I can't keep them if I have artifacts in windows with them.

I forgot before, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and my laptop is a DELL XPS M1530 with a 8600M GT.

thank u all again!!

i bad speak english

---

this driver very good! in Vista x64 and 8600gs 256

in game fast very THANKS

now only Dox's Customized Forceware instal me

which driver do you used? the 180.84 or 180.84.1?

Now Im using the 1.1, :P Pro Evo 2009, CoD WaW runs well...but I never used 180.48 before...I dont know which better for my 8600M GS...

Maybe I will try it later.. :)

Again Dox...ur the best! :)

Please tell me which one is better for GTA IV? Version 1.0 or 1.1??? Thanxx

for me it`s version 1.0, but both worth tryin

great drivers DOX!

been working great here!

just have a few probs when using XP since it either doesnt shutdown when i ask for the system to restart or when it goes to sleep sometimes simply goes dead (either way in vista).. other than that..

awesome drivers as usual xD

Keep them comin!

if u need anythin shout! xD

This is supposed to support mobile drivers right? But I've been seeing a lot of people complaining that it's causing a lot of problems for their laptops. Can anyone confirm that Powermizer, SmartDimmer, all the other laptop-only features working CORRECTLY? If this driver will keep my laptop's GPU running in '3D' mode even when its idle, it's certainly a no-no for me. I specifically got scared of one poster that got hardware damage. It's most probably from the GPU running as hot as f*ck or it's probably the damn drivers overclocking the GPU while running the game to give an illusion of better performance.

If these drivers aren't laptop-certified, why the f*ck is it posted here in LaptopVideo2Go? Of all forums... it shouldn't be here if it's for desktop cards only.

You are a tool. Don't even register? Have you not read that these are custom drivers for laptop users to get the best performance and not for people who probably have cheapo 7300M GS? God so many tards out there.

Thanks Dox, hey I noticed when I set the Nvidia Control Panel to overide and choose Balance or Quality, I get a massive drop in performance. When I send it back to let the application decide, I get the good quality with high performance I normally get with your drivers. Might be a glitch or who knows : ) I remember you saying a while back it should not make a difference but it did in my case. 9700M GT 512 MB GDDR3.

now is everywhere in the screen that there are little artifacts (one pixel in size) which make the screen unreadable at all. I've had to downgrade to 169.09, which I used to have before and worked fine, but I'd like to upgrade them because in games I've been gaining some FPSs with DOX's, but its obvious that I can't keep them if I have artifacts in windows with them.

I forgot before, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and my laptop is a DELL XPS M1530 with a 8600M GT.

thank u all again!!

The 8600M GT has a lot of recalls as with the 8400M GS. You might want to make sure your card isn't over heating, because that can cause many of the same artifacts. Monitor your temps with Rivatuner or GPU-z. If its a bad card, maybe dell can replace it under manufacturer's warranty.

you can use the modded inf to install for your card here for driver 179.28: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=110

I didnt lock anything in the drivers,

it was nvdia, which I have not worked out how yet.

I tried those drivers, and i can't overclock with those either.

If I use your guide to overclock by hacking the video bios, should should I set the clocks to the same I set them using Driver level overclocking? My core is 375mhz and memory is 507mhz stock, and I would regularly overclock to 580 mhz core and 730 mhz memory. That seems to be a lot, since your guide recommends to increase 5%, maybe 8-10% at max. I read that the go7900GS is underclocked at the factory, so I don't really know.

Sorry if I am becoming aggravating :-(

The 8600M GT has a lot of recalls as with the 8400M GS. You might want to make sure your card isn't over heating, because that can cause many of the same artifacts. Monitor your temps with Rivatuner or GPU-z. If its a bad card, maybe dell can replace it under manufacturer's warranty.

GPUZ indicates right now a temperature of 69º, idle (just windows, surfing) with 169.09 and an ambient temperature of 20º, and when I'm playing it can reach easily 90º or more.

are those hight temps?? I have the laptop on the table, no cooling device or anything like that...

thanks!!

GPUZ indicates right now a temperature of 69º, idle (just windows, surfing) with 169.09 and an ambient temperature of 20º, and when I'm playing it can reach easily 90º or more.

are those hight temps?? I have the laptop on the table, no cooling device or anything like that...

thanks!!

90 is quite high, I would work on getting that temperature down if you are interested in using your laptop for many years.

90 is quite high, I would work on getting that temperature down if you are interested in using your laptop for many years.

and how coild I get it down?? a cooling base?? any better idea??

thanks!!!

and how coild I get it down?? a cooling base?? any better idea??

thanks!!!

#1 - make sure there is no dust in your fan/case. clean it out with canned air if possible.

#2 - notebook coolers always help a LITTLE, but dont expect any miracles...

#3 - try to get your gpu/mobo replaced if nothing works. dell replaced mine, twice, because i had temps of 95c+. now i get 75c-85c in game, 56-63c idle, overclocked to 660/1030/1320 on my 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3.

good luck!

Guest chomi_24

hi dox,

You're driver rocks!!! Currently I am using you're 18070 driver, not that much performance improvement when it comes to fps though the texture quality of my game was very amazing. I had one problem, I am playing WIC settings are 1280x800 medium when i rendered dx10 on medium settings the game hangs up and exit when press ESC. Any Idea? But 18070 of yours was incredible 4720 3dmark06 at 1280x800(native resolution) at stock :) . Luckily every driver I install on this site and you're drivers as well gives me a capability to overclock. Thanks again. Now downloading you're 18084 version 1.1.

My System:

Dell xps m1530

Vista sp1 x86

Intel core 2 duo T8300

4gb ram (3.5gb utilized by windows)

Nvidia geforce 8600m gt ddr3 256 mb

Bumping my GPU to 625/850/1350= 6070 3dmark06 score 18070 dox driver!!!! :) :P :P

Thanks Dox, hey I noticed when I set the Nvidia Control Panel to overide and choose Balance or Quality, I get a massive drop in performance. When I send it back to let the application decide, I get the good quality with high performance I normally get with your drivers. Might be a glitch or who knows : ) I remember you saying a while back it should not make a difference but it did in my case. 9700M GT 512 MB GDDR3.

you dont really want to do that.

choose use the advance 3d settings.

I've turned on Aniso sample optimisation by default (off in the official nvidia drivers)

But in that page feel free to turn things on for even higher performance or image quality.

They wont effect what I do much, since thats the way i designed it :) .

*setting things to quality slider in the nvidia control panel forces AF and AA on and other crazy stuff.

If I use your guide to overclock by hacking the video bios, should should I set the clocks to the same I set them using Driver level overclocking? My core is 375mhz and memory is 507mhz stock, and I would regularly overclock to 580 mhz core and 730 mhz memory. That seems to be a lot, since your guide recommends to increase 5%, maybe 8-10% at max. I read that the go7900GS is underclocked at the factory, so I don't really know.

Sorry if I am becoming aggravating :-(

according to the site: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForc...-GS.2133.0.html

default clocks are

core 375mhz

mem 500

like I say I dont recommend overclocking more than 5-8%.

Reason I say that is was expecting people to ask me how much should I overclock?

So i say that as a guide,

its a "safe" overclock (as safe as overclocking can be any ways)

but feel free to do what you want, just dont break your gpu :)

Smoothest driver I have used in quite a while. Used your "balance" setting on the install. COD4 plays really smooth on my 8800m GTS now. Thanks!

This Driver is the badest i've ever had but sorry i've a big fps drop when i use it!

I activated Sli with my 2x8600M GT and i couldn't get GTA IV runnin' in a playable way...with the original 180.84 i can play it without any probs!!

Whats my mistake?! I've installed it with the option "Balanced"?

Gratefully STATIM

EDIT: My System is Windows Vista 32 Bit

Edited by STATIM

Guest Vstrtz

this worked atleast now i am getting textures...

but now the camera is shaking wildly... and i can't control the car , it jus rams above as soon as i press W!!

any Help!!