LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

GTA IV performance seems to be the best with these drivers , but they still BSOD in this game when alt tabbing a few times.

0x000000EA infinite loop something.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm already using my optimised 185.20,

I wont make it public or give it the beta testers until a better 185.xx driver comes out.

I'm already using my optimised 185.20,

I wont make it public or give it the beta testers until a better 185.xx driver comes out.

thanks for making us jealous :) haha j/k.

ill be waiting, patiently.

Can't see there being another 185.xx for quite a while, but as so many people have problems with it being an alpha preview (not me :) ), I can see why Dox doesn't want to distribute a modded version.

Here's hoping for a good new 181/2/3/4 soon. :-)

I've gone back to my 180.84.1 if that helps :)

The ones I`m using right now, best ones for GTA IV ...

I`m playing it on 1920x1200,med details, 10 distance and whatever, 20 traffic, 0 shadows, runs nicely :)

yah, really,

There wasn't anything I didnt like about them,

just waiting for nvidia to release them officially (185.xx) so I can see the release notes and give better support.

I'm not bothered by 3d marks or vantage scores, only real gaming numbers :)

Bad benchmarkers are still less interesting as tweak candidates. I just admire how NVidia can better their drivers in a long run and duds have been scarce - except 180.20, which was really fast bencher - and crasher/troublemaker.

Get an BSOD when I launch Stalker Clear Sky. It asks about admin permission to TAGES and when I click yes it whenit lanuches clear sky it BSOD. Any thoughts/solutions?

my thoughts are

I need to know more details about what OS you are using

Your Specs

and what setting of the driver you are using (quality, balance or performance)

Hello , I got 9600m gt 512MB , I have some Problems on GTA Texture , The Game run fine just the Texture up slowly alot of the time. [ I have try all install any drivers 180 , 181 anythings right now I got 180.84 work better then others but still got THE GTA TEXTUREE PROBLEM ]

Emm I wanna try to install ur driver How I do it ? and I really hope it's will fix my PROBLEM MATE :)

I have to uninstall the 180.84 NVIDIA to install yours drivers?

And I have more one question if I have to install first the 180.84 (1.00) and then to install the 180.84 (1.01)

Thanks alot mate.

uninstall what you have now.

Download version 180.84.1

and run the .exe to install the driver (my driver has an installer no need for modded inf).

Guest wilson
my thoughts are

I need to know more details about what OS you are using

Your Specs

and what setting of the driver you are using (quality, balance or performance)

I am using Windows Vista 64-bit. Its on the new Gateway p-7805u from bestbuy. Many people on notebook review said they were using your 180.84 drivers and they worked perfectly. This system has a GeForce 9800M GTS 1 GB of VRAM. My system on your drivers will run all my steam games (i.e. team fortess 2 and left 4 dead), but when I try Stalker:Clear Sky(digital download from Direct2Drive) it blue screens. I have tried quite a few things. I installed your drivers correctly and then clean installed Clear Sky and it blue screens. I tried to Install the game first make sure it runs and then clean install your drivers and still blue screens. I'm at my wits end here. If you have any solutions that would be awesome otherwise no biggie.

does the original driver (un modded) work for this game?

Also are using balance setting?

All Hail DoX!!! :P :)

Earlier i had 179.13 drivers, when i updated it to 179.28 GTA IV started giving some headache as nthing was visible except skybox & few badly textured meshes... Rolled back to earlier drivers, problem was not solved, rolled back to original drivers that came with lappy ( Dec 2007 ) ... problem was not solved ... Reinstalled still the problem was not solved ... forum thread pointed over here ... installed these GODLIKE drivers ...n whoila!! I can play GTA once again without any hassle :)

Thanks Guys,

This forum rocks!

HI DOX.................... :)

YOU DEFINATELY DESERVE A JOB IN NVIDIA DRIVER MAKING TEAM.AS YOUR DRIVERS ARE SUPER GREAT.I HSVE HP DV5 WITH 9600MGT.THE STOCK DRIVERS WERE 175.28.THESE ONE WERE GOOD,BUT GPU TEMP WAS ALWAYS AT 85 C WHILE PLAYING GAME.THEN I INSTALLED NVIDIA 178.28.THE PERFORMANCE LEVEL NEVER IMPROVED.

THEN I INSTALLED YOUR DOX 184.84.1.WOWWWWWWWWWWWW NOW MY GPU TEMP NEVER GOES OVER "70C".ALSO MY GAMES RUN NOTICEBLY BETTER.

AND MOST OF ALL MY LAPTOP SLEEP AND HIBERNATE FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING GREAT.SO MAN KEEP IT UP. :)

Hi,

I always get a "404" when trying to download these optimized drivers. Were they removed? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

my overclocked gpu (GeForce Go 7400) core and memory speeds drop down to 125/300 from 523/850 when using these drivers.

any help would be appreciated?

PS: i'm using vistax86

Edited by dgr8one

1)does it drop down in gaming?

2)Or are you checking the clock speeds when not gaming? (in desktop srufing the net for example)

if its 1= gpu downclocks itself due to avoid damage

2= normal powermizer feature to save power and heat.