LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

Is there a way to change the power mizersettings (like change which clock speed it goes to). Everest software shows 4 powermizer levels. I want to set it so it down-clocks to the lowest level when not gaming.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• Claw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1)does it drop down in gaming?

2)Or are you checking the clock speeds when not gaming? (in desktop srufing the net for example)

if its 1= gpu downclocks itself due to avoid damage

2= normal powermizer feature to save power and heat.

it goes down about 15 seconds after startup and started occurring only after installing these drivers. Now whatever driver I install, the problem still persists.

what is the powermizer feature? can you please help me as to what I should do.

Edit:

It could also be RivaTuner cos I just updated it after installing your drivers.

Edited by dgr8one

lol, nothing is wrong.

its normal for my drivers, I have enabled powermizer for all cards to reduce heat and battery when it is idle.

It will up clock again when you start a game or an application which uses your gpu.

then downclock again when its not needed = reduces heat and increases battery.

If you want full clocks all the time I have incluced powermizer swtch in with the installer.

You need to click that button in the installer, it will put the app on your laptop.

run the app from desktop (its extracts to there automatically), and select turn off powermizer.

lol, nothing is wrong.

its normal for my drivers, I have enabled powermizer for all cards to reduce heat and battery when it is idle.

It will up clock again when you start a game or an application which uses your gpu.

then downclock again when its not needed = reduces heat and increases battery.

If you want full clocks all the time I have incluced powermizer swtch in with the installer.

You need to click that button in the installer, it will put the app on your laptop.

run the app from desktop (its extracts to there automatically), and select turn off powermizer.

oh!

I'm getting much better performance from your drivers now. The texture quality is considerably reduced though- but that doesn't matter as much.

Cheers mate!

yes, performance setting = considerably reduces quality in return for perf

How about my download problem? I always end up here when I try to download your driver package :)

Edit: Nevermind, I tried it with Opera instead of Firefox and that seems to work. Strange though (also, that the redirected URL is not found).

Edited by aksdb

For all those with the problem like the one above (like aksdb), I suggest you right-click on the link and chose "open link in new tab." I was being directed to that page too and then I right clicked on the link and chose open in new tab and it worked. Maybe it works just for me, but that's just my suggestion. GL.

yes, performance setting = considerably reduces quality in return for perf

i used to use the 180.70 Xtreme Forceware drivers and the quality it produces is much better than this one even on the "quality" installation setting.

I'll be using this one though as performance is what I need.

Guest chomi_24

hi dox,

Just install your 180.84.1 last week, well what do you know another great driver :) :) tried both balance and performance and it was really amazing. Specially the balance, the texture quality what can i say WOW!!! Thanks for the great driver, waking up from sleep never a problem ( I never use hibernation) and most importantly it overclocks nice better than 180.70 dox driver. But I'm now on a 179.28 beta driver nvidia official release for their mobile gpu. Same performance w/ the 180.84.1 dox driver for my system though texture quality i must say dox still rule... The only reason I'll keep this for a while is for the temp issue, max temp on gaming assassin's creed for hours at 650/1425/900 is at 79c only.

P.S. I'm looking for suggestion for game settings for assassin's creed as my game lags but playable. I just want to play it smoothly. (Current setting: everything max, shadows max, 2xaa, crowd density medium, 1280x800)

Dell xps m1530

Windows vista SP1 x86

T8300 intel core 2 duo (undervolted)

4gb memory (3.5gb utilized by windows)

nvidia geforce 8600m gt ddr3 256mb

I'm working on 181.20 so look forward to that in the next week or so.

hmm.... Dox 181.20, that should be an interesting optimized driver. Hoping it blows all your previous ones away. Well done. Can't wait.

You prolly didnt notice my problem. Can you please fix it somehow?

(Drivers are always extracted to C:\ drive. I ve only D

I'll release a non installer version with the upcomming 181.20.

as for 181.20 they are gonna be sent for beta testing soon.

Guest chomi_24

I'd definitely wait for that 181.20 dox optimized driver. I'm also fine w/ the temps w/ dox drivers, when i install 180.84.1 max temp of my gpu was at 80c overclocked to 650/1425/900 playing assassin's creed for hours. Strange, when i play WIC for hours gpu max temp at 82c overclock to 600/1350/875 ODD!!! Maybe because what I've read at the other forum WIC is a cpu bound application as well.

hi dox,

Just install your 180.84.1 last week, well what do you know another great driver :) :P tried both balance and performance and it was really amazing. Specially the balance, the texture quality what can i say WOW!!! Thanks for the great driver, waking up from sleep never a problem ( I never use hibernation) and most importantly it overclocks nice better than 180.70 dox driver. But I'm now on a 179.28 beta driver nvidia official release for their mobile gpu. Same performance w/ the 180.84.1 dox driver for my system though texture quality i must say dox still rule... The only reason I'll keep this for a while is for the temp issue, max temp on gaming assassin's creed for hours at 650/1425/900 is at 79c only.

P.S. I'm looking for suggestion for game settings for assassin's creed as my game lags but playable. I just want to play it smoothly. (Current setting: everything max, shadows max, 2xaa, crowd density medium, 1280x800)

Dell xps m1530

Windows vista SP1 x86

T8300 intel core 2 duo (undervolted)

4gb memory (3.5gb utilized by windows)

nvidia geforce 8600m gt ddr3 256mb

Have you tried playing GTA IV using these drivers? Currently am playing everything at extremely low settings ... but game lags at regular interval .. this was not the case with my earlier 179.13 drivers ... it used to lag ... but duration & frequency has def increased a lot in this driver ... i have installed BALANCED mode ... my lappy config exactly the same as urs ...dats y asking :)

Guest chomi_24
Have you tried playing GTA IV using these drivers? Currently am playing everything at extremely low settings ... but game lags at regular interval .. this was not the case with my earlier 179.13 drivers ... it used to lag ... but duration & frequency has def increased a lot in this driver ... i have installed BALANCED mode ... my lappy config exactly the same as urs ...dats y asking :)

Sorry ORESTES!!! I may not be able to help you w/ that. Never played GTAIV, not yet. But what I heard this driver includes GTA fix. I'm a right? try to install the perfomance version of this driver. When I did, I had quite a boost but sacrifice the texture quality a little. Try to remove all applications from the background try to tweak your system, exclude GTAIV from realtime antivirus scan if you have. Do you overclock your gpu? If not try it, it fix some issues. I have 4 game application in my system, CnC zero hour; Oblivion; WIC; Assassins Creed. 3 of them I installed it in SAFE MODE... Only AC first install on normal windows is giving me a hard time, a bit of lags but its fully playable. I just want to play it smooth w/ full note or maybe our card cant handle it. Reinstalling AC in SAFE MODE I'll check you guys later...

GTA IV has a problem with my performance setting, iinstall balance if you want to play that game

I'm not really sure where to ask this, so my apologies... but is there a significant temperature difference between these and the official 179.28 mobile drivers? I ask this because I have an m1330 - a laptop where temps are a significant issue.

That said, running these drivers on my m1330 with the copper mod applied, I get 57C on idle - which is pretty incredible for an m1330 I assure you. Just wondered how the official mobile drivers compared.

Brill drivers btw, it used to be a nightmare finding drivers that didn't downclock on battery.

Guest chomi_24

But dox, he did already the balance install how come still having issues? Do you think its the GPU? 8600m gt ddr3 orestes has, same as mine can't handle the GTA IV? I heard that this game is very damanding. I've read as well in the gta forum 8600m gs can run this game w/out issues, he used your 180.84.1 driver. By the way ORESTES, did you clean install the driver using driver sweeper. Thats dox driver requirement... If not do so...

Guest chomi_24
I'm not really sure where to ask this, so my apologies... but is there a significant temperature difference between these and the official 179.28 mobile drivers? I ask this because I have an m1330 - a laptop where temps are a significant issue.

That said, running these drivers on my m1330 with the copper mod applied, I get 57C on idle - which is pretty incredible for an m1330 I assure you. Just wondered how the official mobile drivers compared.

Brill drivers btw, it used to be a nightmare finding drivers that didn't downclock on battery.

Currently I have the 179.28 mobile drivers from nvidia, and I have an xps as well. Mine is m1530, we all know about temp issues regarding this xps. I dont have any copper mod applied on my system, but my cpu is undervolted (fid=12x vid=1.0500v) (cpu idle at 32c) and my gpu on 179.28 driver idle at 57c. 180.84.1 idle at 58c same as 180.70 both dox driver. Not that much diff. but onload there is, max temp at 79c on 179.28 and 82c on 180.84.1 big diff wasnt it. Try it, as if every system differs to each other. Maybe it will hav a diff result to you.

About downclock issue on battery, use rivatuner to force performance on 3dmode even on battery.

Hope it helps....

I'll probably give 179.28 a go and see if there's any difference. I'm probably just paranoid, but you surely know the issues with the m1330, I can't afford for this thing to die on me while I'm at uni, especially with the copper mod applied. I don't play intensive games on here anyway, though I intend to grab Resi 5 in March.

As for downclock, the issue was that any driver with a modded inf would downclock on battery, whereas I like the Powermizer to work dynamic (rather than forcing 3D all the time). No such issue with Dox though :)

But dox, he did already the balance install how come still having issues? Do you think its the GPU? 8600m gt ddr3 orestes has, same as mine can't handle the GTA IV? I heard that this game is very damanding. I've read as well in the gta forum 8600m gs can run this game w/out issues, he used your 180.84.1 driver. By the way ORESTES, did you clean install the driver using driver sweeper. Thats dox driver requirement... If not do so...

Yes I did it exactly dat way, pal :)

Guest chomi_24
Yes I did it exactly dat way, pal :)

Hmmmm... Strange, i guess time to try a diff driver check out the 180.84 laptopvideo2go driver if still not work maybe you should revert back to 179.13 driver w/c has less issues. As I said, system response differ to each other even if they are the same.