LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

Yeah, I'll admit performance mode isnt perfect

as it is now, its too "agressive" and may not work well for some people, thats why I considered dropping it.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I got with balanced. This is from Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I am running 9800m GTs in SLI in a Sager NP9262 (Clevo D901C). Oblivion works wonderful and I will try others later.

biahh2ww3.th.png

If I have the time I will. This only seems to happen in bright places of the map. When I am inside a building I have no problem or looking where the sky is blocked. I have been playing FC2 since I posted and no problems. Thanks for the driver. I was using the 176.09 that came with it.

Thanks for the driver. Just a little note on the installer: when you provide buttons in the body of the installer that will determine the flow of installation, you should disable the "Next" button or specify what the default behavior will be.

@conanusmc

Seems like an overbright issue to me. Try disabling it in game if there's such option.

I deleted the Powermizer.exe although I didn't want it :)

Could someune up it here so that I don't have to install the driver again?

I deleted the Powermizer.exe although I didn't want it :)

Could someune up it here so that I don't have to install the driver again?

you dont have too install it again just run the installer click on the powermizer option and close the installer or download it from the web

Hey Dox, you might wanna know that Performance mode is buggy.

I installed your drivers, in balanced mode, and not only that GTA IV is working nicely, but I get better results even in single card mode in games like POP or L4D...

This is what I`m talking about :)

Dox,

Went into the game but there is no setting. Lowered gamma but that didn't do it. When a scene came up with the sun setting it had the same effect. It doesn't do it unless there is the sun involved in the scene. Weird. I have played Far Cry 2 and Oblivion and they ran sweet. The highest temp that has been recorded on my GPU is 78C.

i am also getting major slowdowns in all Source games (CS:S, HL2 etc) and i have no idea why, i've tried reverting back to the older drivers and nothing, hopefully DOX can look into it :)

Note: when i used to play i was at 1440x900 with all settings max apart from AA, now i have to run 1440x900 with all on low and even a config made to remove certain parts of game :)

try bumping up max pre renderd frams in your 3d settings. try 4 instead or a higher number.

I have the np9262 with 2 8800's running xp sp3

In the nvidia control panel i see no setting to enable sli....

just "set physx configuration" where the sli option was...

Is sli automatically on.. or did I install it wrong....

I decided to go with balance on the install

I have the np9262 with 2 8800's running xp sp3

In the nvidia control panel i see no setting to enable sli....

just "set physx configuration" where the sli option was...

Is sli automatically on.. or did I install it wrong....

I decided to go with balance on the install

Sli is not enabled... how do I enable it

These drivers are good, I get significantly less BSODs in Fallout 3 now

Also how big is the performance difference between performance and balanced?

for thos that cant enable sli:

read this sli install guide:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=202449

Hey Dox, you might wanna know that Performance mode is buggy.

I installed your drivers, in balanced mode, and not only that GTA IV is working nicely, but I get better results even in single card mode in games like POP or L4D...

This is what I`m talking about :)

yep, I admit performance isnt perfect, hence why balance was labeled as recommended.

Dox... ur drivers are awsome! :) why so? look at this... and first i wanna tell this settings are stable :) and what more, look at this temperatures! :P (btw temps of gpu are 2nd from the bottom)

first in native resolution 1280x800

18084dox1280oc706x935yb9.jpg

second in 1024x768

18084dox1024oc706x935og6.jpg

hey dox, loving the drivers, but there is an issue i encountered while running on restarting the computer while on battery.

I did a clean install using driver sweeper both on balanced and performance mode, and the problem persists. I havent tried it on the original 180.84 driver, but basically when i reboot without the AC power, it resets to the lowest resolution and 16 bit color. the slider doesnt let me move up to 32 bit color until i plug it in and reboot the machine.

When u got some time, could you look into this? thanks again.

Hi, thanx for the drivers. I have a Samsung R70 with 8600GS 256 DDR3, Vista Sp1. I used only the manufacturer drivers, and yours were the first time I replaced them. Many performance improvments were noticed (I did not make measures), however this is not the reason I'm writing. After 3-4 hours of the drivers installations, screen artificats started to occur, especially when windows media player 11 was working. After restarting the computer, the brihtness of the laptop was set to the lowest, wheras the indication showed the highest. Decreasing or increasing brightness did not change it a bit. So I had to uninstall the drivers. It's really a bad luck, I really liked the performance increase, maybe I should use other tweaked drivers.

Hey, First of all thanks for these driver updates.

But I 'm having a slight problem now, after downloading the recent version of Nvidia 180.84 for my GEFORCE 8600M GT 512MB

When I close my laptop, and after a while I want to continue working on it, the screen won't come on again, it just stays black!

The only way to get it started again, is by rebooting.

Any help please.

Thanks

hey dox, loving the drivers, but there is an issue i encountered while running on restarting the computer while on battery.

I did a clean install using driver sweeper both on balanced and performance mode, and the problem persists. I havent tried it on the original 180.84 driver, but basically when i reboot without the AC power, it resets to the lowest resolution and 16 bit color. the slider doesnt let me move up to 32 bit color until i plug it in and reboot the machine.

When u got some time, could you look into this? thanks again.

it would help if i knew your gpu and OS :)

Thank you very much Dox. I tried to install the regular 180.84 drivers first, on my Quadro NVS 320M (with the modded inf) but my windows crashed each boot after this installation.

And then i installed your optimsed version, and it's work great! GTA IV still crash but it's a little bit better. -_-

Thanks again.

Dox... ur drivers are awsome! :) why so? look at this... and first i wanna tell this settings are stable :) and what more, look at this temperatures! :P (btw temps of gpu are 2nd from the bottom)

first in native resolution 1280x800

18084dox1280oc706x935yb9.jpg

second in 1024x768

18084dox1024oc706x935og6.jpg

How did you do that? :P

I have quite almost the same laptop configurations but "only" 5850 3D-Marks!

- 9600M-GT DDR3 512 VRAM

- 4 GB RAM

- P8600

Edited by PatSend

First of all thank very much DOX for your great work!! :)

Before I had yours 178.24 and they´re great but these ones tops it all!

It was the first ones from the 180 series drivers not to hang when waking up from standby mode, well almost.

I know you can´t do anything about it, because most probably it´s NVIDIA responsability, but when I´m on battery it hangs when waking up from standby mode. It works fine when I´m plugged in AC power. It´s a little strange, it should work fine...

Nevertheless great job!!

Take care