LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

A number of fixes and improvements to the new installer and drivers since public beta.

I recommend users who had problems with my public beta try these since I found a few bugs.

Drivers are available in all flavours make sure you download the right one for your OS.

I've made some internal changes from 180.70 as well:

-Drivers are now called [Dox Optimised]

-Changed the tweaks slightly

-Drivers are now extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084 etc so manual driver setup file deletion is required.

-Includes option to install drivers for higher performance

Release Highlights

-Based on re-released 180.84 beta

-Supports all mobile gpus from 6 - GT100 series and quadro equivalent

-Added extra resolutions not found on original set

-Added Image quality and performance tweaks

-No GTA IV texture corruption with my tweaks

-Highly optimised drivers

Full Changes

-Added support for all mobile GPUs 6 - GT100 series and quadro equivalent
-Removed all desktop support
-Added numerous Direct X and OpenGL performance tweaks 
-Set MipMap level for optimum performance and image quality
-Added compatibility tweaks for older games
-Added tweaks to help reduce stuttering in games
-Added extra resolutions not found on original set
-Optimised the Nvidia driver service
-Improved responsiveness of Nvidia control panel

-Fixed GTA IV texture issue

-English language release only
-Removed helps files
-Removed language files
-Removed Nview and its associated files and reg enteries (XP Only)
-Removed NVcolor.exe (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia tray icon (XP only)
-Removed Nvidia Stereovision  (Vista only)
-Removed unnesseccary reg enteries made by Nvidia

Download Links version 1.1

XP_180.84.1

XP64_180.84.1

Vista_180.84.1

Vista64_180.84.1

Changes over version 1.0:

- Simplified the installer: now when you click "balance"/"performance" you no longer need to go to the next page and click "install" to install the driver.

- Added quality option: increased level of detail and texture sharpness, reduced performance slightly

- Updated tweaks: Increased performance over the Dox optimised 180.84? (Dox balance 180.84 vs Dox balance 180.84.1 etc)

Download Links version 1.0

XP_180.84

XP64_180.84

Vista_180.84

Vista64_180.84

Post issues, comments and feedback here!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• Claw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi there

well im not that much of a gamer but Adobe software game me an advice to update my geforce go7600 driver to the latest .. in order to use my CS4 suite properly

so, is that driver compatible with such software and will i be able to use moe than one display/is there a multi display support?

regards,

chris :)

just to stir things up... heard there was a third release of 180.84 that came out today. According to guys on gtaforums.com, it gives slightly better FPS for GTA IV in game. I am guessing this optimised version is based on release 2, no?

Thanks Dox :-)

Using your 180.84 over the standard version on Vista x64, I'm very pleased with the performance difference, particularly how much smoother games like GTA4 and Fallout 3 seem now.

Going to try them out more extensively and benchmark them tomorrow, but these are a superb job as usual, on what looks to be a good beta.

Cheers

Guest Thebullfrog

I just wanted to stop by and say a huge thank's and major props to you DOX. I've been using 160.xx forever since every driver since then either makes my card overheat almost instantly, reduces performance, or introduces graphics glitches galore. Low and behold you give us this god of a driver. I get far better framerates at higher settings and way lower temps than I have ever seen. Haven't done any benchmarking or anything, but just messing around with crysis today even with some settings on very high, the air coming out of my GPU vent was barely even warm. I have never been able to play that game so smoothly at high settings before. Even with everything on medium it used to get much hotter than that, with lower FPS.

Never before have I ever seen any driver make such an improvement in the performance of a machine. I am truly astounded by how my comp. runs now with this driver. Haven't had the chance to run any other games yet, but I can't wait to. It's running cool enough now that I'm going to play around with some mild overclocking to see what I can suck out of my 8800GTS now.

Yes, just got back home from a short trip and out comes another Dox driver to play with! :) Gonna try this in a while, and see if Fallout would be any more enjoyable, and if possible I'd test it with other games.

Thank you Dox, I definitely enjoyed your 180.70 release once I figured out my card ran better at higher resolutions. I gave these a test and doing the custom clean install you recommended for me. Doesn't support this card, maybe it got left off the inf? Hope you can include it when you can.

9700M GT 512 MB GDDR3

*EDIT*

Fixed my own problem: I had Standard VGA Hardware completely uninstalled. Once I allowed it to install that driver, I was able to install yours. Going to re-test your drives.

Edited by Cain

Guest HP User

I really love your other optimized drivers! They are awesome, but I am having trouble installing this one because it thinks the driver isnt compatible with my 8400m gs. Great work and I hope you will add in this card in the next driver or update

I really love your other optimized drivers! They are awesome, but I am having trouble installing this one because it thinks the driver isnt compatible with my 8400m gs. Great work and I hope you will add in this card in the next driver or update

I forgot to mention its 128mb

Guest razorblade416
nvm I used the update driver software in the device manager to install it

How's the performance? Is it crashing after it wakes up from sleep? Just asking because i have the same card as you and i had problems with the last 180 release

When Posting in this thread, please note the disclaimer in the readme included with the driver.

Comments made here should only be regarding the differences between the standard nVidia and DOX's driver, not other problems you might be experiencing.

Please take separate issues to a different thread.

Thanks.

"These drivers are based on DESKTOP drivers!

"Normal" functions to do with with your

laptop may not work compared to drivers provided

to you by your manufacturer.

Issues will exists such as:

-You may have higher temperature for your gpu

-Waking up from sleep may not work

-TV out/ dual screen etc may not work 100%

etc

In such cases you should continue using drivers

provided to you by your manufacturer if you are bothered by that.

Do not ask me such questions related to those

functionality and why they do not work as I will not answer them."

Edited by Galdere

Runs like s***

Statistics

Average FPS: 24.12

Duration: 37.23 sec

CPU Usage: 89%

System memory usage: 59%

Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: Medium

Render Quality: High

View Distance: 25

Detail Distance: 37

Hardware

Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate

Service Pack 1

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS [Dox Optimised 180.84]

Video Driver version: 180.84

Audio Adapter: Speakers + Redirected Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU X9000 @ 2.80GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worse than the original for moi

Statistics

Average FPS: 26.07

Duration: 37.29 sec

CPU Usage: 89%

System memory usage: 68%

Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: Medium

Render Quality: High

View Distance: 25

Detail Distance: 37

Hardware

Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate

Service Pack 1

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS

Video Driver version: 180.84

Audio Adapter: Speakers + Redirected Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU X9000 @ 2.80GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli

Which version are you using, balance or performance? Was it the same scenario the same for both?

You gotta remem that the GTA benchmarking tool doesn't even represent what ingame performance will be like, never mind what performance is like for everything else.

Have you tried using FRAPS to measure your min/max/average FPS for a while outdoors in GTA? What is general performance like playing it?

You say it runs like s***, but your comparison and supporting information is too s*** to draw any conclusion from.

I'm having big problems with vsync and frame skipping/stuttering ONLY while using the mouse, looking with keys is smooth at 60 fps, this is for all source engine games (including goldsrc hl1). Any ideas? I've tried everything tweaking vsync and tripple buffering, could blit settings have any effect?

yes, i know, the benchmark aint enough, which is why i went into the game and played it for a bit, and, it runs like s*** now

i was on balanced, might give it a reinstall with performance and see what happens.

yes, i know, the benchmark aint enough, which is why i went into the game and played it for a bit, and, it runs like s*** now

i was on balanced, might give it a reinstall with performance and see what happens.

then dont use the driver?

strange,

whats your OS?

I know 8400Mgs is supported.

If you could give me what version of my driver you are using, then I can narrow it down.

Why don't the drivers work for my nvidia 8600 m gt 512 ? not compatiable ! Help . Also why doesn't driver sweeper get rid of my drivers... !

again lol,

what OS are you on?

I may not have the device ID for that card so if you could provide me it.

I'm having big problems with vsync and frame skipping/stuttering ONLY while using the mouse, looking with keys is smooth at 60 fps, this is for all source engine games (including goldsrc hl1). Any ideas? I've tried everything tweaking vsync and tripple buffering, could blit settings have any effect?

you could try to set max pre renderedd frames to 2 or lower

do it in the nvidia control panel

Dox can you explain me in few words what are the differences between performance and high quality's inf ? what do they do of different?

sry 4 my very very very bad english but I'm also right waked up :)