LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.84

Dox

Thanks for the quick response :)

Device ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0297&SUBSYS_2052161F&REV_A1\6&1A0348FC&0&00000008

And this is the entry from the nv4_disp.inf I have in the 180.70 folder (which is definitely working and is what I'm currently using):

NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0297.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX"

Weird thing is that it appears in Alt.inf (and presumably the others from your package) fine, yet it still throws up the error when I try to install. Have obviously tried a clean install from safe mode after using DriverSweeper, etc, so now I'm just plain confused, heh. Thanks again for your help :)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi! anyone explain to me how to use the powermizer sitch? and what do this app?

mertrodome,

the device id is in the inf file packaged in the installer,

I've had a look and it should install since all looks correct.

have you tried my version 1.1?

If the installer doesnt work, try to install using have disk method.

the driver files are extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084

Aye, I tried the 1.1 as well and I still got the same problem. Haven't tried the "Have Disk" method yet, so will do so later this evening. Will post an update later once I've tried a few things out. Again, thanks for all your help - very much appreciated.

Update Yeah, Have Disk method worked fine except for blank screen on install on second card (rebooted in between). Lots of nForce drivers do that to my system though so no biggie. Seem to have it installed correctly on both cards now though. Not sure why the nVidia installer was having such problems, but all seems okay now. Will benchmark real quick just to check. Thanks again for all your help and for putting these drivers out in the first place :)

Edited by Mertrodome

If I'm updating from Dox's 180.70, do I need to go into safe mode and use driver sweeper, or can I just uninstall them and install 180.84.1?

it is a version 1.0 vs version 1.1 test, top notch, thank you again. Keep up the good work, please, I'm loving it.

yes I will do,

Please can you give me your full device ID?

is that my version 1.0 vs version 1.1?

try re-installing you intel chipset.

you dont have an nvidia chipset so I'm not sure why the nforce filter removed some stuff.

to be safe re-install intel.

Hey Dox, the issue with 16 bit color/ no aero on battery still persists in 184.80.1. I wasnt having this issue with your 124.78 drivers earlier. The resolution seems to be fixed, but whenever i reboot on battery mode, the screen is at 16 bit colors and no aero.

Well i just installed these drivers, everything works fine, a bit of a fps increase on left4dead. The odd thing is my fps in WoW has plummeted to below 20. I've tried balanced and performance installs, and some other tricks that sometimes make wow run at low fps. I have no clue why this happened, I have a Asus G1s, and my brother has the exact same laptop. We both installed these drivers, he gets better fps in WoW then he ever has before, and mine is unplayable. Any clue as to why this would happen?

Sigh..I've tried reinstalling the drivers... I use Balanced option on all my installs since I presume they're the most stable :)

But the thing is, it still doesn't load all textures... I feel like i'm at a dead end :)

for the 8800gts problem i used rivatuner and once i installed 180.84 i reset all drivers to their default values....i was having the same problem as you....hope this helps

Sigh..I've tried reinstalling the drivers... I use Balanced option on all my installs since I presume they're the most stable :)

But the thing is, it still doesn't load all textures... I feel like i'm at a dead end :)

strange I have GTA IV, and I dont get any issues on quality or balance settings.

If you are using rivatuner, dont use it as it clashes with my tweaks.

If you do use rivatuner use v 2.21 and on the texture tabs click reset to default and reboot.

If I'm updating from Dox's 180.70, do I need to go into safe mode and use driver sweeper, or can I just uninstall them and install 180.84.1?

you should be fine, just uninstall from control panel, reboot and install these.

only clean uninstall if you are using normal drivers then switching to mine.

strange I have GTA IV, and I dont get any issues on quality or balance settings.

If you are using rivatuner, dont use it as it clashes with my tweaks.

If you do use rivatuner use v 2.21 and on the texture tabs click reset to default and reboot.

I dont use rivatuner... argh... this ain't fair lol.. I'm going to do a full reinstall of the driver and GTA4 now... see if that helps.

EDIT: Guest_Eason, My Garry's Mod 10 and CS: Source works fine..in fact better than ever on Dox's drivers :)

Edited by Ahmaz

before you do that,

install rivatuner 2.21

and in the D3D settings -> Textures tab, click reset to default value and reboot,

try that!

Has anybody who had a stuttering problem in Left 4 Dead/HL2 with the 180.84 tried this and does it work smoothly? Does it still not wake from sleep?

Left 4 Dead works beautifully

I had no problems what so ever with the 180.84 and now I am downloading 180.84.1... can't wait! I will report back if I have any issues and if I don't then I didn't!

before you do that,

install rivatuner 2.21

and in the D3D settings -> Textures tab, click reset to default value and reboot,

try that!

Alright..after i've reinstalled everything...and tuned textures back to default.. GTA4 is showing up textures... but they aren't loading up as fast.. sort of like when I drive fast to another area, it takes a while for the textures to show... is it meant to do that?

just installed your vista v180.84.1 dox, and i must say that i'm more satisfied with it, compared to your previous driver releases...

i used the balanced config, i don't get very high framerates, but they're stable and smooth, and no stuttering at all, compared to your 180.43 and 178.24

overall, very nice work man, thanks again, and keep up the good work! :)

DOX just to be sure!

When switching yours drivers I don´t need to do a total clean (safe mode and use driver sweeper and clean registry)?

Take care

when u switch from mine to mine, no need to clean uinstall unless i say so

Hey Dox, I have a question for you. Are you able to make any performance changes to specular mapping or lighting effects or is primarily Textures? I get great performance in all of my games but Specular Mapping seems to bring my 9700M GT to its knees. I don't know why exactly but I got from 90-130 FPS with all settings high or on save Specular Mapping, but I turn SM on and I get barely 40 FPS. Any ideas?