• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• Claw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Dox, I definitely enjoyed your 180.70 release once I figured out my card ran better at higher resolutions. I gave these a test and doing the custom clean install you recommended for me. Doesn't support this card, maybe it got left off the inf? Hope you can include it when you can.

I have also noticed running games at high resolution gives better performance. Does anyone know why this should be the case?

Also very eager to test these new drivers out.

hi, i new, thanks for the driver the performance is very good, i have this problems with this driver:

Artifacts sometimes (sometimes freeze) when i join in the forum N3d foro.noticias3d.com

Artifacts and freeze when i play crysis and the windows live mail is open and recive a message (when the icon tray change)

Artifacts sometimes when i play a video internet (in the screen video)

this not are a serious problems, but is for more information of the problems, thanks :)

Alright..after i've reinstalled everything...and tuned textures back to default.. GTA4 is showing up textures... but they aren't loading up as fast.. sort of like when I drive fast to another area, it takes a while for the textures to show... is it meant to do that?

Your playing GTA4 on a 8400M???

That could be your problem right there. I'm using a 9800M GTX and the game has some performance issues (due to the game being unfinished IMHO)

Might be typical to 9700M GT as it's having just 128bit bus.

Another update? I'll try it out later. :)

what game are you refering to?

Call of Duty 4 in particular but also in World of Warcraft, Dead Space, and Fallout 3. Any time (no matter what settings Low or High) if I use Specular Mapping I am seriously trapped in the 40 fps zone.

I have also noticed running games at high resolution gives better performance. Does anyone know why this should be the case?

Also very eager to test these new drivers out.

I am still not quite sure but with the release of 180.84 and 180.84.1 I am experiencing even higher performance with higher resolutions. In fact I am getting better performance at my native 1366 x 768 resolution then a 1024 by 764. Its great.

I even hooked my laptop via HDMI to my 52" HD tv and at 1920 x 1080 P I get from 80FPS to 299 FPS (The Max). I have no idea whats going on but I do know I don't get this performance with the regular forceware.

tried your driver, didn't work. Hang ups in D3D and OGL applications, though normal GDI works fine. (Screen turns black with multicolored hyphens running around, seems mouse is working for a few moments before hanging up).

Specs:

Geforce 8800M GTX 512 MB

Duo T8300 2.4 Ghz

Win XP 32 SP 2

3 GB Ram

I am still not quite sure but with the release of 180.84 and 180.84.1 I am experiencing even higher performance with higher resolutions. In fact I am getting better performance at my native 1366 x 768 resolution then a 1024 by 764. Its great.

I even hooked my laptop via HDMI to my 52" HD tv and at 1920 x 1080 P I get from 80FPS to 299 FPS (The Max). I have no idea whats going on but I do know I don't get this performance with the regular forceware.

I prefer to game on native res,

you should always try and game at native res with my drivers *hint* hint*

I feel like my time is worth it,

thanks for the positive feedback!!!!!

Guest Blackiisky

Im using a 9800 gx2 and notice theres not much performance difference for me over using the nvidia betas *in GTA4* which I thought was odd, I was led to believe these drivers would enable multi gpu since thats the only thing that would really make my card any better than others. I've just today tried the latest release from dox, is there any way to confirm that multi gpu/sli is working correctly since there is no SLI meter thing to enable in the control panel. any help would be appreciated

Guest r@imiza

Just tested 180.84.1 on balanced on GTA IV. With my Dell XPS 1730 and 8800M GTX SLI was really good improve in FPS (~ +15-20 FPS) and it seems SLI is working too, but huge texture lags. Houses is disappearing

road under car is disappearing :) Niko and Cars is ok, but surrounding is terrible :) When I go back to Oficial 175.32 textures is just fine. But FPS much lower.

blame nvidia, its their way of "optimising" the drivers to make GTA IV run better.

Lots of pop ups, I know what you mean,

with 8800MGTX SLI i highly recommend you give quality a try.

I'm using it now on GTA IV.

Hello Dox.

Thanks for really good driver.

I've installed in to my Dell D830 with Quadro NVS140M and it made my GPU much colder and really faster then with original Dell provided (174.31).

But I've noticed one problem: I have WUXGA matrix on my laptop (1920x1200) and unfortunately I can't set 32bit mode for native resolution. I can only install one of 2 maximal resolution: 1920x1200x16bpp or 1920x1080x32bpp (that is not native unfortunately). But I need 1920x1200x32bpp. Original driver gives me such possibility. Even Standard VGA adapter driver gives possibility to set 1920x1200x32bpp resolution.

AC adapter or battery power doesn't influence on it. After reboot no changes also.

Version 180.84.1 gives even much worse maximal 32 bpp resolution - it's only 1280x1024x32bpp.

Both versions (180.84 and 180.84.1) were installed in Balanced mode.

Can you help me with it? Maybe some changed inf file will help?

My hardware:

Dell D830 T7500\4Gb RAM\Quadro NVS 140M 256Mb\Vista Business 32bit

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0429&SUBSYS_01FE1028&REV_A1

Thanks in advance!

P.S. After installing and uninstalling some other version of drivers (like 179.14 etc.) I've deleted Disable19x12x32ge60 from Bal.inf and installed again. Max 32bpp resolultion was 1600x1200.

Edited by westman

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's nvidia itself... I'm getting the same problems as with 8800M GTX cards.

And Guest, 8400M cards can play GTA4 without problems (excluding texture bug thing)

Edited by Ahmaz

This might just be me, but I wanted to check with everybody else. Is anybody else getting serious artifacting while on the Windows interface? Like these multicolored squares that comes in and out?

This might just be me, but I wanted to check with everybody else. Is anybody else getting serious artifacting while on the Windows interface? Like these multicolored squares that comes in and out?

Lower your memory overclocking.

Some benchmarks with the 180.84 series, on an 8400M GS. Using the 2 source engine benchmarks, Counter Strike: Source and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Lost Planet DX10. All settings on default, but resolution bumped up to 1280x800

CS:S - 89.09fps

HL2:LC - 55.04fps

LP Snow - 15.2fps

LP Cave -25.9fps

180.84 Dox (Performance)

CS:S - 93.66fps

HL2:LC - 53.91fps

LP Snow -15.2fps

LP Cave - 26.1fps

180.84 Dox (Balanced)

CS:S - 88.91fps

HL2:LC - 55.46fps

LP Snow - 15.2fps

LP Cave - 25.9fps

And for fun, Dox Balanced overclocked to 600/1200/800

CS:S - 129.40fps

HL2:LC - 50.98fps

LP Snow - 21.8fps

LP Cave - 34.4fps

HL2:LC was a bit inconsistent, and the overclocked benchmark might show some down clocking going on (Possibly heat related, working on doing a proper copper mod later this week). Otherwise on CS:S the performance inf offers a nice 4-5fps jump over the stock/balanced drivers, along with that 129.40fps ends up being the highest frame rate I've achieved with this laptop at the 1280x800/recommended settings (previous best was 126.xxfps). Lost Planet, showed basically no improvement with the performance inf, but overclocking the balanced driver showed some higher gains then expected (at least compared to what I've seen). Also Dox 180.84 was no worse then the "vanilla" 180.84, unlike what I experienced with Dox 180.70, as it was 2-3fps slower on Lost Planet then the unmodified 180.70. To add an extra note the Dox driver also only dropped below 10fps once on the snow scene, the official 180.84 did numerous times. So better quality, same performance (I think that's the idea of these driver releases isn't it?), I see no reason not to use Dox's Balanced 180.84.

Edited by rudefyet

Changed over from DOX 180.84 to 180.84.1. Temps do seem high for me, going into the 60s under load, and I never usually go over 59 on all previous drivers, with a Zalman NC2000. I was getting some false grey walls whilst playing Fallout 3 near the Capitol building, but not had any problems in other games. Will report if anything else crops up when I've used this revision more. Thanks for the development. :-)

EDIT: All seems good with this. Definitely sticking with it. Nice one Dox.

Edited by Galdere

Hello Dox.

Thanks for really good driver.

I've installed in to my Dell D830 with Quadro NVS140M and it made my GPU much colder and really faster then with original Dell provided (174.31).

But I've noticed one problem: I have WUXGA matrix on my laptop (1920x1200) and unfortunately I can't set 32bit mode for native resolution. I can only install one of 2 maximal resolution: 1920x1200x16bpp or 1920x1080x32bpp (that is not native unfortunately). But I need 1920x1200x32bpp. Original driver gives me such possibility. Even Standard VGA adapter driver gives possibility to set 1920x1200x32bpp resolution.

AC adapter or battery power doesn't influence on it. After reboot no changes also.

Version 180.84.1 gives even much worse maximal 32 bpp resolution - it's only 1280x1024x32bpp.

Both versions (180.84 and 180.84.1) were installed in Balanced mode.

Can you help me with it? Maybe some changed inf file will help?

My hardware:

Dell D830 T7500\4Gb RAM\Quadro NVS 140M 256Mb\Vista Business 32bit

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0429&SUBSYS_01FE1028&REV_A1

Thanks in advance!

P.S. After installing and uninstalling some other version of drivers (like 179.14 etc.) I've deleted Disable19x12x32ge60 from Bal.inf and installed again. Max 32bpp resolultion was 1600x1200.

strange my native resolution res is 1920x1200 and I am on that now at 32bpp.

strange my native resolution res is 1920x1200 and I am on that now at 32bpp.

My sequence of actions was:

1) Uninstall previous version of drivers (Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> NVidia drivers/Uninstall)

2) Reboot

3) Install 180.84 Dox Optimized Balanced

4) Reboot

System boots in 32 bit mode and then changes color depth to 16 bit.

Maybe it's not need to uninstall previous version of drivers?

I will try now.