LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Satego X200 and Nvidia 8700 M GT

Skyduke

Hi - I am new here. I will be extremely grateful for any and all help obtained. :)

Basically, I bought this laptop this year. Great machine, everything works perfectly... Apart from the video drivers.

I run a vista 32 bits version, with a 8700 M GT. And NOTHING I tried works.

No matter which driver I install from the ones offered (I tried the 180.70 Vista 32 bit, among others, following the intructions on the thread scrupulously), there are always major video issues present when I restart my computer after the installation. Video files get blurry, and after a few minute of playing, crash. I can see pixels turning different colours on my desktop. The last time, I played through a game, and then reverted the drivers to the ones Toshiba put on the computer, but they are truly antique, and every time I want to play a more recent game, same story. It's really starting to annoy me.

I was wondering if there were other X200 users, or other people with knowledge of such issues, that might be able to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot, and have a good week-end!

Hi dear Sky D.

There is this thing u can try,and it may works,as did for me.

Turn off the powermizer.

U can use a tiny app called "powermizer switch".just google it.download it.and use it happily!

Thanks, but that did nothing for the video files. They still get these... How should I describe them? Funky colored pixels (nothing too big, but it's annoying... especially since you know it means you can't watch it for more than 5 minutes without a restart) all over.

Anyone else? Thanks a lot :)

To fix the video artifacts get the RivaTuner and set all clocks about 50MHz higher. To avoid hang ups install 167.58 drivers. I'm not sure but 174's should also be working.

176.92 is pretty stable and reliable driver, but not the fastest around.

To fix the video artifacts get the RivaTuner and set all clocks about 50MHz higher. To avoid hang ups install 167.58 drivers. I'm not sure but 174's should also be working.

Err.... Sorry, but how do I do that? Or is there a FAQ I might use that would help me do that without me compromising my computer? Thanks a lot. :)