LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Will the latest BIOS 1.26 for Amilo Xi 1526 work on Amilo 1536?

Ferlauf

Xi 1526 is Uniwill P72 based motherboard, and Pi 1536 is P53. Basically, their BIOSes should be interchangeable.

What do you think?

Xi 1526 is Uniwill P72 based motherboard, and Pi 1536 is P53. Basically, their BIOSes should be interchangeable.

What do you think?

The bios download is the same file

I have a AMILO 1536 with the GeForce Go 7600 with 1.25 bios, if I put the bios 1.26 is the notebook + cooler? there is the risk that the BIOS is not compatible?

if in the future I want to put the Nvidia 8600M GT, the bios 1.26 enables me this upgrade?

thank so much

I have a AMILO 1536 with the GeForce Go 7600 with 1.25 bios, if I put the bios 1.26 is the notebook + cooler? there is the risk that the BIOS is not compatible?

if in the future I want to put the Nvidia 8600M GT, the bios 1.26 enables me this upgrade?

thank so much

Hi!

Where did you find that 1.26 bios ?

I have an Amilo Pi 1536 too, but i couldnt upgrade to Nvidia 8600M GT. It's Asus an C90 card, and it has been reflashed to Acer bios. But its still not working. The laptop cant boot with it..

Hi!

I have an Amilo Pi 1536 too, but i couldnt upgrade to Nvidia 8600M GT. It's Asus an C90 card, and it has been reflashed to Acer bios. But its still not working. The laptop cant boot with it..

get the 1.26 bios from xi1526 section of fsc support, i have uniwill bios for 8600gt if you want it pm me

Hi!

Go to http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/index.html. There you can find it.

Besides, I have the same problem with Amilo 1536 and 8600GT. You should let it work for 3-4 hours, then it will boot. When it's cold, no way. I think it has something to do with the fan, but who knows.

I managed to flash the card with Acer's BIOS, and also with the one that Facey posted. But the problem remains...

And I've tried with different motherboard BIOSes (AW 1.19, 2.06, 2.07, FSC 1.25), but still I'm afraid to try with FSC 1.26 for Xi 1526...

Go to http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/index.html. There you can find it.

Besides, I have the same problem with Amilo 1536 and 8600GT. You should let it work for 3-4 hours, then it will boot. When it's cold, no way. I think it has something to do with the fan, but who knows.

I managed to flash the card with Acer's BIOS, and also with the one that Facey posted. But the problem remains...

And I've tried with different motherboard BIOSes (AW 1.19, 2.06, 2.07, FSC 1.25), but still I'm afraid to try with FSC 1.26 for Xi 1526...

Oh, ok. I did not know it was the bios for XI 1526. Well checked out the description of that one

"current BIOS V. 1.26:

Solved problems:

- Avoid G73 VGA garbage issue "

I dont think it would help the nvidia 8600m gt to boot up. By the way i wouldnt dare to install that bios too, its too risky for me, and if the others did not work, why would this one ?

I have just tried this Alienware 2.06 bios, and did not help either :)

After some looking around about this cold boot-up issue, I collected some posts:

eugene2878 posted this:

From mxm-upgrade site

"Scenario 4: It works! Kinda...

We know you're gonna ask why, and the thing is: we don't know. Here's the story. The HD3650 is pretty much the best card we have. It works great on the 'old' single core platforms but for some reason there are problems when you try this on the Core Duo platforms. The Uniwill P53, for those who want to know. Once the system is up and running, you're in for one hell of a ride with an excellent card but getting there is the tricky part. Something that works 'sometimes' but not at other times is every engineer's worst nightmare and it took us some time to find some form of structure behind the madness. Basically, cold notebooks will not boot with the HD3650. Solution: plug in the power supply and let the notebook attempt to boot for 1-2 minutes. It will fail. Lights will flash, HD will whirl, notebook will click and do this again and again and... again. If you then shut it down and turn it on again, the notebook.

Please don't ask me why..."

Sounds like the same story as ours.

This one is also from eugene2878:

"Now I have two hd3650 with different bioses. 1st card I bought with bios I have uploaded in my first post I never had any problems once I have it installed in my xi1546. Second I bought I was at first upset. It did not boot. I thought it is dead, but after I read http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Fujitsu.html I flashed Vox M86M A11 DDR3 16Mx32 256M 300e/400m bios with HP_Wistron_Vox_M86M FGL M86 GDDR3_16Mx32 128bit 256MB 300e/405m from my 1st card. And... Second card booted from first attempt in cold laptop. After quik look in both bioses noticed Vox m86m got different voltages. Probably that is the cause."

I think the Nvidia 8600 might needs more voltage to boot up in our lappies.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/10049/A...512.070920.html

There are 3 performance levels in the card.

The first two lower ones with 1.15 V, and the highest with 1.20 V.

It should be reflashed to say 1.20-1.25 V for the lower ones, and 1.25 V for the highest setting.

Then it could might work. Sadly I cant reflash the card now cause it aint booting.. And havent tried this changing after 3-4 hour usage with the old X1400 card.

Anyway its pain in the arse, screwing it all the time in and out..

Yes, I've read that for 3650. Honestly, I don't have an idea what is the issue...

But one thing I've noticed with 8600gt: when it boots, at the same time the fan turns on. That's why I was thinking to try with 1.26 BIOS, since it keeps the fan always turned on.

I suppose it will work since these BIOSes should be compatible, according to what I've tried so far with AW BIOSes 1.19, 2.06 and 2.07 (AW BIOS v1.19 is designed for P72 based motherboards, as well as FSC BIOS 1.26, and AW 2.06, AW 2.07 and FSC BIOS 1.25 are designed for P53 motherboards). I've tried to flash my motherboard with 1.19, 1.25, 2.06 and 2.07, and nothing new happened. But 1.26 seems to be different...

I hope you are right regarding those voltages. I've tried to extract x1400 BIOS, just to check the voltages, but from some unknown reason to me, Radeon BIOS Editor reports that BIOS image is invalid???

And what should happen to the card in order to change its performance level from, let's say 1 to 3?

Oh, ok. I did not know it was the bios for XI 1526. Well checked out the description of that one

"current BIOS V. 1.26:

Solved problems:

- Avoid G73 VGA garbage issue "

I dont think it would help the nvidia 8600m gt to boot up. By the way i wouldnt dare to install that bios too, its too risky for me, and if the others did not work, why would this one ?

I have just tried this Alienware 2.06 bios, and did not help either :)

After some looking around about this cold boot-up issue, I collected some posts:

eugene2878 posted this:

From mxm-upgrade site

"Scenario 4: It works! Kinda...

We know you're gonna ask why, and the thing is: we don't know. Here's the story. The HD3650 is pretty much the best card we have. It works great on the 'old' single core platforms but for some reason there are problems when you try this on the Core Duo platforms. The Uniwill P53, for those who want to know. Once the system is up and running, you're in for one hell of a ride with an excellent card but getting there is the tricky part. Something that works 'sometimes' but not at other times is every engineer's worst nightmare and it took us some time to find some form of structure behind the madness. Basically, cold notebooks will not boot with the HD3650. Solution: plug in the power supply and let the notebook attempt to boot for 1-2 minutes. It will fail. Lights will flash, HD will whirl, notebook will click and do this again and again and... again. If you then shut it down and turn it on again, the notebook.

Please don't ask me why..."

Sounds like the same story as ours.

This one is also from eugene2878:

"Now I have two hd3650 with different bioses. 1st card I bought with bios I have uploaded in my first post I never had any problems once I have it installed in my xi1546. Second I bought I was at first upset. It did not boot. I thought it is dead, but after I read http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Fujitsu.html I flashed Vox M86M A11 DDR3 16Mx32 256M 300e/400m bios with HP_Wistron_Vox_M86M FGL M86 GDDR3_16Mx32 128bit 256MB 300e/405m from my 1st card. And... Second card booted from first attempt in cold laptop. After quik look in both bioses noticed Vox m86m got different voltages. Probably that is the cause."

I think the Nvidia 8600 might needs more voltage to boot up in our lappies.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/10049/A...512.070920.html

There are 3 performance levels in the card.

The first two lower ones with 1.15 V, and the highest with 1.20 V.

It should be reflashed to say 1.20-1.25 V for the lower ones, and 1.25 V for the highest setting.

Then it could might work. Sadly I cant reflash the card now cause it aint booting.. And havent tried this changing after 3-4 hour usage with the old X1400 card.

Anyway its pain in the arse, screwing it all the time in and out..

Yes, I've read that for 3650. Honestly, I don't have an idea what is the issue...

But one thing I've noticed with 8600gt: when it boots, at the same time the fan turns on. That's why I was thinking to try with 1.26 BIOS, since it keeps the fan always turned on.

I suppose it will work since these BIOSes should be compatible, according to what I've tried so far with AW BIOSes 1.19, 2.06 and 2.07 (AW BIOS v1.19 is designed for P72 based motherboards, as well as FSC BIOS 1.26, and AW 2.06, AW 2.07 and FSC BIOS 1.25 are designed for P53 motherboards). I've tried to flash my motherboard with 1.19, 1.25, 2.06 and 2.07, and nothing new happened. But 1.26 seems to be different...

I hope you are right regarding those voltages. I've tried to extract x1400 BIOS, just to check the voltages, but from some unknown reason to me, Radeon BIOS Editor reports that BIOS image is invalid???

And what should happen to the card in order to change its performance level from, let's say 1 to 3?

Now i tried out this warm laptop card swapping thing and it worked ! For the first time I was able to see this nvidia 8600m gt to work and boot in my laptop.

nvidiahp4.th.jpg

I already reflashed it too to different voltages. Instead of 1.15 1.15 1.20 V, it runs now 1.25 Volt on all three performance levels. I edited the vbios with nibitor v4.6. There is a function called Voltage Table Editor in of the menus. Well, it was working until the laptop got turned off for about 15 minutes. It doesnt boot up again since then. So i think this voltage modification did not work it out.

In the sametime one other problem arrived, which is that when the Nvidia 8600M GT is installed, the laptop does not recognise the battery anymore. Worse it began to charge it up after one or two reboots(or after waking up from sleep once), believing it was 0% charged. But it has been that time fully charged! Rightmark CPU Clock reported it as Amilo Xi 1546 battery again wrongly.

akksiqx3.th.jpg

This issue must be related to this vga card, because my friend who first reflashed the card from Asus bios to Acer had this same scenario using it. He has an Acer Aspire 5710G.

About that 1.26, yeah it might help if the fan is already going while booting, cause now the fan is starting only according to the temperature of the cpu. When the laptop is hot, and with it the cpu, the fan probably turns on right while booting..

But I dont know, if the boot fails with that bios, how to recover ? That's the tricky question. I know there is some kind of emergency boot option in these bioses for these cases, but have not much information about that too.

I am thinking about trying it out.

"And an off-topic remark: m5550 is based on Uniwill P53, m57x0 on P72, and the Uniwill P53/P72 generally shares the same bios code, so they're interchangeable. (A living example: I'm using the m5790 1.19W on my Amilo Pi 1536)"

This one sounds promising..

Ok, so I made a brave move and reflashed the bios of my Amilo Pi 1536 with the Amilo Xi 1526 version 1.26.

The reflashing worked seamless, but then i noticed in windows that the keyboard got all messed up. Each key was giving different action, like g was s, delete was the numlock, alt was win button, i could not find enter at all.

So I would not recommend you trying it out, but if you want, you can. I swapped the videocards and noticed the same scenario again : no cold booting with the nvidia 8600. :)

Keeps rebooting all the time..

I reflashed to the old pi 1536 1.25 version. Now the keyboard is ok again.

There surely must be a hardware issue why it cannot cold-boot with this nvidia card.

If we could debug out what makes it always rebooting, maybe we could make a patched bios, if it can be solved that way. But I am a bit skeptical :P

Anyone here with heavy assembly/bios knowledge ? :)

I've had both hd3650 and 8600gt cards in my xi1546. The HD 3650 had the start up issue which drove me insane to the point I ended up with a bad flash and the card is now goosed. The 8600GT has had no problems at all except I can not use the 2.07 alienware bios for 4gig memory and I can't install the 1.26 bios because for some reason it says the bios is not for my system. I had this trouble before and installing xp to update seemed to be the cure. Not going to re-install xp just to update the bios, aw 2.06 will do fine for the moment.

Now i tried out this warm laptop card swapping thing and it worked ! For the first time I was able to see this nvidia 8600m gt to work and boot in my laptop.

nvidiahp4.th.jpg

I already reflashed it too to different voltages. Instead of 1.15 1.15 1.20 V, it runs now 1.25 Volt on all three performance levels. I edited the vbios with nibitor v4.6. There is a function called Voltage Table Editor in of the menus. Well, it was working until the laptop got turned off for about 15 minutes. It doesnt boot up again since then. So i think this voltage modification did not work it out.

In the sametime one other problem arrived, which is that when the Nvidia 8600M GT is installed, the laptop does not recognise the battery anymore. Worse it began to charge it up after one or two reboots(or after waking up from sleep once), believing it was 0% charged. But it has been that time fully charged! Rightmark CPU Clock reported it as Amilo Xi 1546 battery again wrongly.

akksiqx3.th.jpg

This issue must be related to this vga card, because my friend who first reflashed the card from Asus bios to Acer had this same scenario using it. He has an Acer Aspire 5710G.

About that 1.26, yeah it might help if the fan is already going while booting, cause now the fan is starting only according to the temperature of the cpu. When the laptop is hot, and with it the cpu, the fan probably turns on right while booting..

But I dont know, if the boot fails with that bios, how to recover ? That's the tricky question. I know there is some kind of emergency boot option in these bioses for these cases, but have not much information about that too.

"And an off-topic remark: m5550 is based on Uniwill P53, m57x0 on P72, and the Uniwill P53/P72 generally shares the same bios code, so they're interchangeable. (A living example: I'm using the m5790 1.19W on my Amilo Pi 1536)"

Great! At least you managed to boot it up! :)

I was researching a bit about voltages, too. And I downloaded some GeForce 7600 BIOSes, because I remember that some of FSC models were using them. So, what I've noticed is that the voltages in 7600 BIOS are lower than those in 8600 (1 and 1.1 in comparison to 1.15 and 1.20). It's because of the memory clock rates, I guess.

Related to that, there is an option in the Clockrates tab of NiBiTor 4.6, a button saying "Bootup clocks". Currently there are settings of 275, 550 and 200 MHz for Core, Shader and Memory. I don't know if it could help changing these values to 169, 338, 100? There must be some solution to this problem!

Regarding the battery, I haven't noticed that. I will pay attention the next time my Amilo turns on, in some 3-4 hours... :)

nvidiahp4.th.jpg

akksiqx3.th.jpg

I have a 3650 card too, which I couldn't manage to make it work. The best thing I achieved was one "beep" sound while booting and that's it. In all the other cases, either it was rebooting all the time, or just a black screen after turning on the notebook...

I've had both hd3650 and 8600gt cards in my xi1546. The HD 3650 had the start up issue which drove me insane to the point I ended up with a bad flash and the card is now goosed. The 8600GT has had no problems at all except I can not use the 2.07 alienware bios for 4gig memory and I can't install the 1.26 bios because for some reason it says the bios is not for my system. I had this trouble before and installing xp to update seemed to be the cure. Not going to re-install xp just to update the bios, aw 2.06 will do fine for the moment.

So, nothing new? It's a pity... I was just planning to do the same thing. What a disappointment...

Probably 1526 has a different keyboard layout, so that's why it happened to the keys. Anyway, 1.26 didn't solve the problem... :)

I'm wondering where the problem lies: in the motherboard or in the video card?

Ok, so I made a brave move and reflashed the bios of my Amilo Pi 1536 with the Amilo Xi 1526 version 1.26.

The reflashing worked seamless, but then i noticed in windows that the keyboard got all messed up. Each key was giving different action, like g was s, delete was the numlock, alt was win button, i could not find enter at all.

So I would not recommend you trying it out, but if you want, you can. I swapped the videocards and noticed the same scenario again : no cold booting with the nvidia 8600. :P

Keeps rebooting all the time..

I reflashed to the old pi 1536 1.25 version. Now the keyboard is ok again.

There surely must be a hardware issue why it cannot cold-boot with this nvidia card.

If we could debug out what makes it always rebooting, maybe we could make a patched bios, if it can be solved that way. But I am a bit skeptical :P

Anyone here with heavy assembly/bios knowledge ? :)

I have already tried undervolting after reading this undervolting nvidia 8600m gt, with 1.00 1.00 1.05 V and even with 0.85 0.85 0.90 Volts. No cold boot succeded with these settings either. Then I also set the fanspeeds to 0% from 100% for all 3 levels in the temperature settings tab. Plus checked Display Boot Messages, Display Memory Size in the Boot Settings tab, and checked Force adapter scaling, Skip DDC scanning at More Bootoptions. Reflashed with the modded bios, but no real change happened.

I am a bit tired of it. There isnt much options left. Maybe you could try setting this Bootup Clock Speed.

I checked that in windows the card is using Timingset 6:

169timingsetod6.th.jpg

bootupclockshx2.th.jpg

That should work while booting. But Nibitor did create the same rom whether i selected Timingset 0 or Timingset 6, so it has no real significance from this point of view.

I tried to change the Bootup Clock Speed, and didn't touch these timingsets (just used the default one - 0). And again, nothing happened...

But I managed to make it boot up with hair dryer! I was warming up part by part, in order to figure out which electric part is making this mess. And I found out that if you warp up the processor (and nearby area) with a hair dryer, after 1-3 minutes it will boot.

Open your notebook by removing the bottom cover, use a hair dryer on a heat sink above the processor for 1-3 minutes, put the cover back, put the screws (k/b is the most important one), and turn it on...

I guess we are facing some hardware problem, something to do with the processor type or with the components surrounding it...

My processor is T7200, and I have one piece of Kingston 667MHz memory of 2GB.

Maybe some electronic guru could help us?

I have already tried undervolting after reading this undervolting nvidia 8600m gt, with 1.00 1.00 1.05 V and even with 0.85 0.85 0.90 Volts. No cold boot succeded with these settings either. Then I also set the fanspeeds to 0% from 100% for all 3 levels in the temperature settings tab. Plus checked Display Boot Messages, Display Memory Size in the Boot Settings tab, and checked Force adapter scaling, Skip DDC scanning at More Bootoptions. Reflashed with the modded bios, but no real change happened.

I am a bit tired of it. There isnt much options left. Maybe you could try setting this Bootup Clock Speed.

I checked that in windows the card is using Timingset 6:

169timingsetod6.th.jpg

bootupclockshx2.th.jpg

That should work while booting. But Nibitor did create the same rom whether i selected Timingset 0 or Timingset 6, so it has no real significance from this point of view.

I tried to change the Bootup Clock Speed, and didn't touch these timingsets (just used the default one - 0). And again, nothing happened...

But I managed to make it boot up with hair dryer! I was warming up part by part, in order to figure out which electric part is making this mess. And I found out that if you warp up the processor (and nearby area) with a hair dryer, after 1-3 minutes it will boot.

Open your notebook by removing the bottom cover, use a hair dryer on a heat sink above the processor for 1-3 minutes, put the cover back, put the screws (k/b is the most important one), and turn it on...

I guess we are facing some hardware problem, something to do with the processor type or with the components surrounding it...

My processor is T7200, and I have one piece of Kingston 667MHz memory of 2GB.

Maybe some electronic guru could help us?

Hmm, nice investigation ! :)

Last time i was wondering screwing things back what that thing on the right of the processor should be ? Northbridge, Southbridge maybe ?

pi1536mboardrc2.th.jpg

Mine has a T5500 cpu and 2x1 Gb Corsair Ram.

The question is why is this thing not happening with the X1400 mobilitys ?

It can still be some acpi check about "is the fan going", since there is the only one temperature meter at the cpu.

+

Although it should have worked then after one hour stress testing already. At that time the cpu temp was many times above the 60 C. So it might be an other part..

Edited by Bandes

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know that is an old post but I have the same problem.

My x1400 graphic card of my Pi1536 is faulty. I have bought a 8600M GT to replace it.

However I have the same problem as you. I have a black screen and after 3-4 secondes the laptop reboot automaticaly with the 8600M GT.

So I can't boot. I didn't already tested to warm up the processor with an hair dryer.

I would like to know if you have already solved this problem

Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Damien

Getting this 1 beep reboot issue too, so the general concencus is its bios or vbios, not a hardware [motherboard] failure?

I had the 4 colour issue with the 2.07w bios so rolled back to 2.06. It seemd to complete ok, i used it for that evening fine but next cold start it did the beep - reboot shuffle on me.

It does it with the hd3650 and its original x1400. The X1400 works fine in the m3438g motherboard i have here. I have yet to succesfuly boot the hd3650.

When i crisis flash the bios tho it wants me to use the ami bios key combo CTRL & HOME not the expected win/FN B/F/esc options that phoenix uses. Its a pheonix bios right? it seem to find the bios.wph file on floppy ok anyway. But the ami discrepancy still makes me wonder wtf is going on :) :)

argh sorry for post rebump, didnt notice the date of the op

Edited by kountzero

Hi guys!

i could not understand why you want to install a "heating" 8600m gt or hd3650 if the fastest card you could get would not be much expensiver. I've put a 9600m gt on my amilo pi1536 and it works perfectly!!! o.k. - i have to wait the 30 sec. on boot, cause of the "mxm-error" and i only got 2 perfomance-levels (2d and 3d) but who cares... due to the excellent cooling-pads from mxm-upgrade the card even dosn't heat as much - after 2 hours playing crysis i only got 86 degrees!

if you ask me, i only could recommend the 9600m gt!

Edited by amiloware

• 1 year later...
Guest Martin Bedford

ok, hi all.

Having same problems and wanted to know if anyone solved them yet?

amilo pi1536 x1400, died after several graphic problems, lines, fuzzyness, etc. changed to x300 then no boot unless temporarily connect to external monitor, and I mean very temp, just until screen lights, then disconnect. flashed phoenix bios 1.23, then 1.25. Now screen black totally on boot. Interested in this talk of ami bios instead of phoenix, is this my way forward, or do i need a different video card?