LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA 7000M

Guest Hanik

Alright, well you guys know whats going to happen next.

It gives the warning of:

You need:

NVIDIA ForceWare 163.44 Driver

And that in some point in the game it will close and all info wil be lost etc.

Well Ive got an Acer Aspire 5520-5912

It has of course, the Nvidia GeForce 7000M.

Ive searched through the forums and everything for related topics but of those topics Im not sure I found drivers that supported Nvidia 7000M for this game, such as 177.92, and 175.16.

I already made the mistake of installing one that didnt support the 7000M, lol it equals BSOD so my laptop fixed itself aka restore and such, so all is back to normalcy.

All in all, I need help getting the right forceware drive that supports this card hahah, in addition I know that the 7000M is compatible, yet i apparently need this forcewar :) :P

Also, I clicked skip and stuff when it said i could, so I ould try to get in game, but it only brings up the spash screen, then saying its got an error and needs to close.

Well guys, I need your help, and its greatly appreciated, ive read how to install and the INF and etc, but as you can see Im not that Computer Savvy hahahahhahahhahah. :)

Okay, as I mentioned gears won't run beyond 10-15 fps on lowest settings so it is frustrating and sometimes (in graphics demanding areas) unplayable. Here's how to install an inf: After downloading the driver and modded inf from the driver download section (i recommend the 177.92) extract the driver and put the inf into the same folder that the driver was installed to and replace the original inf. Once that is done, uninstall your previous drivers (use driver sweeper to make sure everything is gone, for more info how to do this see the FAQ). Then install your drivers, once you are done you should be able to enjoy gears of war in all its glory at an astounding 10 fps!

Okay, as I mentioned gears won't run beyond 10-15 fps on lowest settings so it is frustrating and sometimes (in graphics demanding areas) unplayable. Here's how to install an inf: After downloading the driver and modded inf from the driver download section (i recommend the 177.92) extract the driver and put the inf into the same folder that the driver was installed to and replace the original inf. Once that is done, uninstall your previous drivers (use driver sweeper to make sure everything is gone, for more info how to do this see the FAQ). Then install your drivers, once you are done you should be able to enjoy gears of war in all its glory at an astounding 10 fps!

Ok, so the 177.92 is compatible? one, and two im hoping that 10 fps is rather good? And Im considering playing on single player mod mostly anywas :)

Yes, the 177.92 is compatible.

To your second question, I was being sarcastic, 10fps is pretty much a slideshow and basically you won't be able to play it. As you can see, I have the same system and it is virtually impossible to play. What you can play is pre-2006 games, like FEAR, Far Cry, games like that will run very well. Newer than that and you will be looking at a slideshow.

Yes, the 177.92 is compatible.

To your second question, I was being sarcastic, 10fps is pretty much a slideshow and basically you won't be able to play it. As you can see, I have the same system and it is virtually impossible to play. What you can play is pre-2006 games, like FEAR, Far Cry, games like that will run very well. Newer than that and you will be looking at a slideshow.

Well, wish me luck hahahhahahahahahah. Hoping to possibly get and Xbox360 for xmas lolz. (lol just b/c of fallout 3 and cod5......and gow2 muahhaha)

some good games. certianly not playable on your laptop, so fingers crossed for santa to pull one out of the sack!

some good games. certianly not playable on your laptop, so fingers crossed for santa to pull one out of the sack!

Weeeeeeeeeeell, i did everything, put the inf in the extracted folder, didnt give me a bsod.......but I tried running Gears again, didnt give me a warning this time, wen straight to the splash screen, but then it said This application needs to close....or some error, and crap.........hmmmmm Santa failed me? hahah

Certainly, happy holidays and merry christmas to you as well.

To resolve your problem, can you first tell me what os you are using?

Why do you even bother trying on a 7000? even 7600 struggles with unreal 3 engine games, you are really pushing it. anyways, I am assuming your laptop has some age now, maybe 1 or 2 years now? blow out the fans, and try a clean install of windows, and Merry Christmas, HO HO HO...... should work.

Edited by Morris

Why do you even bother trying on a 7000? even 7600 struggles with unreal 3 engine games, you are really pushing it. anyways, I am assuming your laptop has some age now, maybe 1 or 2 years now? blow out the fans, and try a clean install of windows, and Merry Christmas, HO HO HO...... should work.

Well, My OS is vista-32bit home premium, etc, i pretty much do have the same specs as you do hahahah.

And anyways, ive decided its no big deal, I mean itll be christmas and ill get outta school this week, so we shall see what happens around christmas time. Thanks guys :) And lol 7000M is kinda pushing it muahahah, i just wanted to see what it would play like hahhaha. But yeah thanks again guys.

Well, My OS is vista-32bit home premium, etc, i pretty much do have the same specs as you do hahahah.

And anyways, ive decided its no big deal, I mean itll be christmas and ill get outta school this week, so we shall see what happens around christmas time. Thanks guys :) And lol 7000M is kinda pushing it muahahah, i just wanted to see what it would play like hahhaha. But yeah thanks again guys.

Its funny b/c when I restarted the computer after uninstalling the old drivers.....they reinstalled again as the computer went to startup/desktop....hmmmm