LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with 180.48 (and other newer drivers) and Geforce 8800M

Guest Max

Hi,

I have been trying to update my Geforce 8800M GTX driver since I got my new laptop (mid-june). I have tried all new drivers, but only the 178.13 drivers worked (with the modded inf), which is unfortunate because I wanted to test physx and some other drivers (somehow this driver version crashes very often when running my Solidworks version). However, whenever I try to run 3D games or software (exception opengl-VLC-movies) the screen distorts (in something like dos-mode fashion) and the system hangs up. Now, since the supplier of my notebook (one.de) hasn't got a driver newer than 169.xx I'd like to get your oppinions on this. I will also attach the NERD-files for more information.

Isn't that one.de lappie a rebadged Clevo/Sager/Nexoc/Zepto etc...(seen the adverts) so nothing special shoud be there.

First of all, forget about the 180.XX drivers, they suck. Stick to 178.XX. I would recommend 178.24 since it has worked very well for a lot of games.

I currently use a 178.xx release and it works fine (was the only driver to which I could update). To the guy before: Yes, it is a rebranded Clevo, though I don't know what that means =)

The problem is that I have this with all drivers but the original and the 178.13 which leaves me a bit worried, because I don't really know where the problem stems from and what part actually is incompatible.