LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cant install any driver to my Asus g1sn (9500M GS)

Guest Snip3rWarfaCe

Guest Snip3rWarfaCe

Hi everyone i got a big problem, i think sow. lets get to the point.

I have try to install alot of drivers to my Asus GF 9500M GS but nothink happen.

I download the driver and INF file. I started the exe file and all i got is wrong driver for this hardware.

I have try out 16x.xx up to 17x.xx. and i have also try out to search manuell for the driver but he can find nothing.

What shall i do now?

do you copy the modified inf file, say yes when prompted to replace existing file into the driver folder, then run setup?

ok. uninstall your current driver. install the standard VGA adapter. then boot to safe mode and run an app called 'driver sweeper'

then boot back to normal, and install the new driver. should be fine and install.

if, for some reaso it does not. then i'd look at a fresh install of vista. always good to do it twice a year for performance gains.

Hi everyone i got a big problem, i think sow. lets get to the point.

I have try to install alot of drivers to my Asus GF 9500M GS but nothink happen.

I download the driver and INF file. I started the exe file and all i got is wrong driver for this hardware.

I have try out 16x.xx up to 17x.xx. and i have also try out to search manuell for the driver but he can find nothing.

What shall i do now?

i have a G1Sn too. are u trying to use Windows XP on your G1Sn perhaps? with vista you shouldnt have any problems but i had the same problem as u when trying to install the drivers in XP. there are some sites with guides for how to get XP running well on a G1S (also works for G1Sn mostly).. if thats what ur trying to do, check here: http://asusg1s.wikidot.com/installing-windows-xp

the reason I couldnt install the nvidia drivers was this:

Turbo Memory - Intel® ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2843

After you have installed all the drivers and hotfixes, and when you open the device manager Start | My Computer | Properties | Hardware | Device manager and scroll down to System devices, you may find the the device "Intel® ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2843" has a yellow exclamation point. This device is for Turbo Memory, which XP cannot use anyway, so you can disable this device by right-clicking the device and selecting "Disable".

After doing that and using the drivers with the modded inf, it worked fine

Good luck.

-aK

I must made a new xp 32bit install and nerly everythink is working. but not my display driver. I tried to fix the driver with "driver sweeper" but is still now working. i went to safemode and i cleared the drivers after that, i whent back to xp. I tried 167.58 and 174.93 but i still got the same problem "wrong driver to this hardware".

The guide alix_* gave me did not help at all. sow Pls help.

// Snip3rWarfaCe

• 4 weeks later...

for xp vid drivers to work simply go into you device manager and got to you chipset and disable root port 3 and the vid card should install correctly. it is the port for turbo memory. idk why it messes it up but it does. So cheers and good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I also have an Asus g1sn with 9500M GS, but any driver that I install, other than the original one by asus, causes the system to crash as soon as i try use any 3D application.

I suspect the problem is with the video resolution (1680x1050) but actually I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Edited by claptop

• 1 month later...

i'm trying to install XP on my G1Sn. i can't find any mention of pci express or root port 3 in my device manager.

edit: ok, found out what was the problem, ich8 drivers was not installed. i disabled everything you told to disable, still nothing.

Edited by kunider

i'm trying to install XP on my G1Sn. i can't find any mention of pci express or root port 3 in my device manager.

edit: ok, found out what was the problem, ich8 drivers was not installed. i disabled everything you told to disable, still nothing.

Try disabling PCI express root port 3 (2843) and port 4 (2845).

PS; My G1S's currently RMA'ed since 8600M GT suffered a "black screen of death" i.e. burnt out.

Edited by rvalencia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myfavmar

Hello, I had a G1S which became a G1Sn after a warranty repair. I have been through many forums to try and find a solution to

re-installing my retail version of XP.I own it!!!! I have not been able until yesterday when I read a post n a forum in the Netherlands.

Apparently the problem is the bios version 202 on our G1Sn`s. there is a conflict with the ram installed if both slots are used. I have (had) 4 gig

of ram and when I removed one sodimm upon reboot the video card was found and I was able to install my Nvidia 9500m GS drivers without

an problems at all. Now my laptop is running XP,updates are done and I am a happy customer once again. Well almost, cause I could have one more

gig of ram if the other slot could be used, but 2 gig and XP SP3 is better than vista and 4 gig as far as I am concerned. Now it`up to Asus to correct thius problem

by supplying us G1Sn`ers with a bios to correct this. I have lest my 2 cents aAsus to let them know about this

Hope this helps some of you out there